1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Capturing Max/Min with Tuning Center?

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by rrh, Jul 12, 2014.

1. rrh

rrh New Member

Balance:
    143Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I've tried to follow this:
    http://www.xsimulator.net/tuning-centre/

I have installed a patch, I have the blue Game Running header in Game Manager.
    I open SimTools, I select the game. I click on Capture Max Min, and it turns all the Max and Min boxes black text and makes them editable, but it's not capturing any data from the game.

Are there other prerequisites for capturing Max Min from a game that I'm overlooking?
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what game are you testing on?
    did you install the game plugin first?
    did you put some axis assignments in?
  3. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Ok capturing the min max.
    1. Start game and make sure everything is connected
    2.Start Tuning centre
    3.Click Capture Max Min.
    4.Click Reset to reset or the values to 0 or just change the one you want to tune to 0.
    5.Now go back to game, drive/fly for a bit noticing values, beware you don't want to hit walls or crash as it will throw a massive value that you don't want.
    6. Once happy with the values , click Save New Setting.

Ok can be done like this or by manually entering the values and press Save New Settings.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. rrh

rrh New Member

Balance:
    143Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I've tried it on two games, one is the Live For Speed demo, the other is my own game that yobuddy has helped to make a plugin for, but he says I should set up a default Max Min profile to go with the plugin so I wanted to understand how that works.

I had tried a couple axis assignments. But I thought the Tuning Center is working with the values input from the game so it wouldn't matter what it's outputting to the simulator.

I have another test program that just listens to port 4123 and that works successfully, so I don't think it's an issue with the UDP messaging.

I've followed the steps eaorobbie lists but once I get to step 5 & 6, the values are all still 0.

And like I said, I've tried it in my game and in Live For Speed which is why I think the problem is with I don't understand how to do this, rather than with yobuddy's plugin.
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,162Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    @rrh - if you don't mind posting the plugin here and a link to the game - I'm sure these guy's will help you get it going.
    Both @eaorobbie and @bsft could help with the max / min file for the test game.
    And they could test if the plugin is working as it should if they don't mind doing a little testing.
    yobuddy
  6. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    And I will provide all the instructions on how I did it too for you so any other game you may bring in , you will know what to do.
  7. rrh

rrh New Member

Balance:
    143Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    All right. You've been very helpful, and I got it to work.

What seems to have fixed it was setting up the Interface Settings, which is one of the things @eaorobbie mentioned in a direct conversation. I had originally ignored Interface Settings because I thought I should get the input from the game working before I concern myself with the output to the platform, but it does seem to have made the difference.
  8. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,162Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    @rrh - This is because SimTools only starts up what it needs.
    So it then started noting up because noting was used in the interface section.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    thanks @eaorobbie for the assist!
    yobuddy
  9. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Still would love to see it in action.
  10. rrh

rrh New Member

Balance:
    143Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  11. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks I will give it a whirl, cheers for sharing this with us all.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,162Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    @rrh,

Thanks man for all your efforts toward adding SimTools support to your games!
    • Agree Agree x 2