1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Can't get Dirt 2 working with Win 7

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by abe1911, Mar 23, 2011.

1. abe1911

abe1911 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

I've updated my system to Win 7. Every games work fine with xsim 2.0.8.9. Just Dirt 2 refuses to work !!! I've tried every things that I saw in different topics. I've even put a dual boot with XP, And surprise it works with XP !!! So I've copied files from XP to Win 7 but nothing move. I precise that I'm on Win 7 64bits. I've seen that some of you had dirt 2 working on win 7, so I wonder what kind of setup you're using ???

PLEASE HELP ME, I don't want to switch with XP each times I want to play Dirt 2, more over I want DX11 !

Thanks for your answers

Regards
  2. abe1911

abe1911 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok sorry,

In fact I use simxperience commander with Xsim 2.0.8.9., outsimdirt2, profile from simxperience... It's a dirt 2 retail. I launch game from Simxperience and look to outsimdirt2, force sender and force profiler work great. When race begin outsimdirt2 stay at 0...
    I've modified dirt2 config files as you mentionned with extradata = 1 (both files: in the game and in My document)
    I've done the same in XP and it works great.
  3. abe1911

abe1911 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    here is my config file.
    Concerning dirt2 plugin it's the one from xsim 2.0.8.9b date : 02/06/2010
    Thanks for your help...

<?xml version=1.0 encoding=UTF-8 ?>
    <hardware_settings_config version=51>
    <cpu>
    <threadStrategy parallelUpdateRender=true workerMapFile=system/workerMap8Core.xml forceFeedbackProcessor=6 dvdStorageProcessor=7 dataSetMonitorProcessor=4 renderProcessor=0 updateProcessor=2 fileStreamProcessor=5 />
    </cpu>
    <audio_card>
    <audio mixing=rapture3D />
    </audio_card>
    <graphics_card>
    <directx forcedx9=false />
    <resolution width=800 height=600 aspect=16:10 fullscreen=false vsync=1 multisampling=8xqcsaa>
    <refreshRate rate=120 />
    </resolution>
    <gamma level=1.0 />
    </graphics_card>
    <graphics_detail level=high />
    <shadows enabled=true size=2048 maskQuality=1 />
    <particles enabled=true wind=true dynamicRes=false />
    <crowd enabled=true detail=1 tessellation=true />
    <cloth enabled=true detail=1 />
    <postprocess quality=2 />
    <groundcover mode=blended clutter=true />
    <objects lod=1.5 maxlod=0 />
    <trees lod=1.5 maxlod=0 />
    <vehicles characterQuality=4 lodQuality=3 />
    <envmap faces=6 size=512 forceBilinear=false />
    <water update=true detail=2 tessellation=true />
    <mirrors enabled=true forceBilinear=false width=2048 height=512 car_maxlod=0 car_culldist=500.0 />
    <skidmarks enabled=true />
    <dynamic_ambient_occ enabled=true quality=1 />
    <night_lighting volumes=true lights=0 shadows=true />
    <physics environmentalDamage=true vehicleDamage=true />
    <input device_type=auto />
    <motion enabled=true ip=127.0.0.1 port=20777 delay=1 extradata=1 />
    </hardware_settings_config>
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    There should be no need to modify the config files. The COmmander should do it for you. Your config file seems OK for 2.0.8.9b nontheless.

I noticed that one of the community contributed motion profiles in the online database has an error in one of the mathlines. You may want to try a different motion profile. Also, is is possible that when promoted to allow the OutSim portion of the X-Sim plugin through the firewall that you answered no? If you did, then Windows will remember this. The Commander will not automatically open holes in your firewall to resolve this. You would need to do it manually.
  5. abe1911

abe1911 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IT WORKS !!!!
    It was my firewall. the only thing I did not checked, sure it was ok... In fact Dirt2.exe was blocked !!!
    Now every thing works fine, Thanks for your support. It's important to have another look on an issue.

thanks again
    Regards