1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Can someone explain this in english to me?

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by 94za4, Feb 1, 2007.

1. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.x-simulator.de/de/hardware/a ... oti-2.html

I do not fully understand the translation.

Form what I understand I need to feed back data from the potentiomiters to the software. That is why I am not getting proper movement.

Can I use the slider pots from the old board, or go directly from the pots on the joystick? When I hooke them up to the IC chip, I nead to break the connecton to the board correct? Also most pots I have seen are 3 wire, I only see where to put 1 wire for x and 1 for Y, where do the other 2 go, a common ground?

Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Just a moment. I'll translate the page for you ;)
  3. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet!!! Thanks Ego. I am almost there, I can almost feel it. :)

I will do some work on it tonight and report back, if I get the chance, today is my sons first birthday.

I will try to get some pictures up too, per your request. I was kind of waiting until I got it all enclosed like a cockpit though.

Andrew
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Just one question. Why do you ask for placing the pots on the k8055? Havent you got the vm110?

Edit: the pot-article is in english now

I hope this pic enlights it a little
    [​IMG]

BTW: You could make some before/after upgrade pics. So we could see the complete development. Some comments to your work would be great. But take your time ;)

Congratulations to your sons first birthday!

regards
  5. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much, I will see if I can get some pictures.

The K8055 and the VM110 are identical, the VM110 comes prebuilt, where the K0855 is a kit you must assemble yourself. Other than that they are the same.

Andrew
  6. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Uups, you're right :mrgreen:

Ok, then you have the choice to disassemble the pots from the original RnR board, or you buy some. But they are hard to get.
    You should know now how to wire them, do you?

no,no,no, there is nothing you have to brake. Just sold them to the back of the circuit board to the correct positions. Try to take the PIC in IC3 out of the socket for the soldering job, in order to not overheat it. You can leave it in as well, but it would be safer.

But I was told, that you should use your joystick pots. I'm not really sure what this means. Please wait until tomorrow. We'll help you
  7. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that he means use the joystick and its pots to find the current position rather than using the chair itself. I decided to try the pots that came on the chair first, then move on from there.
    Can anyone tell me what they are using for the <5v signal? The VM110 card says it can output 5v, but I could not get it to work for some reason. I can use another DC converter if needed but if there is another way let me know.

Andrew
  8. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, I think I understand. I will give it a try tonight when I get home.

Andrew
  9. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, I need serious help here. I am not sure what is going on. I have hooked up the pots, but still am not seeing any position data wehn pulling from the software. I am sure they are right, I tested it with a vilt meter and I can read 0-5 volts out of it depending on slider postition. I have ground to ground, voltage in going to pin 20, and signal out going to pins 2 and 3.

What is even stranger still is as soon as I turn on the chiar to draw info from the x-plane plug in the chair will drive to the upper corner and stay there. When I switch back to using joystick as input I can make it work fine.

I am so confused as to what is happening, it makes no sense! Please help me figure out what I am doing wrong.
  10. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone have any ideas whi this is hapening? Ego, Sirnoname?

After playing with it for several hours today I am no further. I ran the software that came with the Velleman card and can move the chair to all its postitions, I can also see the output of the potentiomiters. So I know that the card is both sending and recieving data. When I do a calibration in Force Profiler it moves to all its positions like it should, but I do not see movement in the simulator x/y position on the software, and I also get the x/y connecton backwards, even though I know it is correct. When I launch X-plane it runs, I can see data in the Plugin and Force Profiler, I start the cahir motion, but do not get anything out of the chair.

So it boils down to, I know I am getting data from the pots, and sending data to the actuators, but I am not getting any motion when I run the x-plane software.

Andrew
  11. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know if it may be an issue with the software? I can get good readings from the pots, but I don't see them in Force Profiler.
  12. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    The procedure to get the Force-Profiler using the x-plane data depends on the version.

Which x-plane version do you use?

regards
  13. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Version 8.4. I can see the data fine in Force Profiler, so I don't think that is the problem.
  14. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I was busy last days but I'll find a solution for your problem tomorrow.

BTW, I assume you pressed ja in the following dialog-box that asks, if you want to use a joystick as an analog input (pot-input).
    [​IMG]

Did you connected plus/minus in the right way on the pot? Resistor stripe connected to minus?
  15. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am sure the pot is correct, I have tried it both ways. I can read 0-5V on a meter, and I can also see them respond properly with the Velleman test software.

Yes, I did say yes to the joystick, I am also confident I have the outputs set correctly. Number 21 and 23 out of X-plane are X and Y. I have them set for g-force effect in the force profiler as well.

Any input you can give would be great.

Andrew