1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question BIG A.. MOTORS

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Rodeo5150, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Rodeo5150

Rodeo5150 ROOKIE BUT LEARNING FAST Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,233Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    Well as you can see I guess you could say that I I have big eough Motors now LOL. Jeez these things weigh 20 lb a piece. I picked these up completly refurbished for $25 a piece but $75 in shipping. I don't know much about them but I know that they're out of power chair or wheelchair and I'm pretty sure the 24 volt and they have over 120Nm starting torque and around 40 -50Nm continuous torque. My question is will they work with the brakes still on there or should I take them out? Also will they work with i b t 2 or do I need different drivers, and lastly should I remove the engage/disengage lever? I kind of like leave it on just because if I ever need to move them or anyting without the system being on butt let me know if I have to or not please.
    I'm going to have three of these and three different wheelchair Motors coming from eBay here soon so right now I just have these three. Since I had the smaller windshield wiper motors before I went ahead and built a 3Dof frame as well for until I could afford a bigger motors for my 6 dof so I was thinking about hooking them up to my three dof while waiting on the other three motors. Please refer to pictures the first pic is of New motors, 2-5 are of my 3 dof and the last ones are of my 6 dof. I'm already noticing that in order to run these on my 3Dof Im going to have to redesign it a little bit 20220317_144632.jpg 20220317_145714.jpg 20220317_145706.jpg 20220317_145719.jpg 20220310_172548.jpg 20220217_230754.jpg
    • Like Like x 1