1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

BETA "Code Stimulator #2" WOOD! (:oP) (2) 150mm SCN5's!!

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by audiojester, Nov 2, 2009.

1. audiojester

audiojester New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is the first half of the BETA version Project Code Stimulator #2. It is made of wood and features (2) 150mm SCN5's. It will be for sale soon. It is not perfect. Only because there are minor cosmetic flaws but if you dont care what it looks like it will work great. However I am still building it. I have yet to get the actuators in the mail but I should have them on on Nov 2nd or 3rd. By that time this half of the project will be mostly ready.

I have ordered http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT for adapter and I got http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT for a power supply. I hope it works. I bought it for what I thought it should be before I did any reasearch. I think its good for this but not 100%. Any info on that would be great! I have been leaning on Devantech for an adapter if this setup will not work well. I will post pics in a few hours from now. They will be my next psot. Thanks. PLEASE COMMENT! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :mug1: :lol:
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I'm not sure that this adapter will work. It looks to be full-duplex and the SCN5 Termi-Bus is half-duplex.
  3. audiojester

audiojester New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aditional information to the project: It will feature 7.1 Dolby Digital in the very near future along with some kind of rumble pack for the hollow plastic racing seat. It will be painted black and some kind of colorful high quality tape and possibly decals. It will look as cool I can make it with a 2000 grand credit card. The whole package will include a 7.1 system, the momo wheel and pedals, the high quality shifter (future add on), and the 42 120Hz Monitor/TV (Have you seen 120Hz?? its amazing!). There will most likely be several adjustments and perfections to this shown design.

Do you know of any good rumble packs? Something that is not just a bass shaker but has a force feedback that you would feel in a ffb controller. I will search google myself also. This car will also have a bass shaker lol

I will add pictures within 24 hours. I could possibly have the actuators on by then also. Still need to order an adapter. I apear to have gotten the wrong one. I am thinking devantech adaptor but I want to avoid splicing my own wires for the time being. I am totally comfortable with it if its actually needed though...
  4. audiojester

audiojester New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is a pic before was put into its new spot. [​IMG]
  5. audiojester

audiojester New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. audiojester

audiojester New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  7. audiojester

audiojester New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

I am still thinking of what usb adaptor to use... any suggestions? besides devantech.. I will probably go with them if there is nothing else that works well and is simple.
  8. audiojester

audiojester New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i ordered a 2 bass shakers with amplifier for them. I also got the correct usb half duplex adapter.. I got full duplex last time.. oops. I still am not sure on the angles and where to connect the actuators to the back of the seat... or how to mounth the actuators period...
  9. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi autojester can you please post the link for your seat supplier , i have been looking for these on ebay but can no longer find them your info would help thanks :cheers:
  10. audiojester

audiojester New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, sorry for the delay. I have been moving around a lot lately. I got the seat from Advanced Auto Parts. They have a website. But I got the seat from the local store. They had to look the seat up and then ordered it for me quickly.
  11. motionchris

motionchris New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi audiojester,

Do you possibly have a link to that seat, or the model number? I'm planning on building a second rig and don't want to spend a fortune on an FIA approved seat when its not really needed.

Thanks!
    MotionChris