1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Request (Feature) Axes Presets

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by McCorwin, Sep 11, 2014.

1. McCorwin

McCorwin Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 80Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -0
    Hello all :),
    I make a new install of my 2DOF but I don't know how to configure Axis Assignments .....
    I can add Roll and Pitch easily but for sway, yall, surge and heave it's seems to be more difficult ....

for example, I thank that pitch and surge for 2DOF (motors in rear) is similar (different amplitude but motors 1 and 2 go to the same direction), however you post "rFactor_AxesConfig.zip" that has the opposite values for pitch and surge....
    Same problem to roll and sway in this file...

I think the easiest thing to do is that each player parameter roll and pitch and deduce the meaning of the axes for the other forces.
    For example, if we put ROLL with Axis1, dir = 0 and Axis2, dir = 1 then we can put SWAY : Axis1, dir=0 and Axis2, dir=1.
    if we put PITCH with Axis1, dir = 1 and Axis2, dir = 1 then we can put SURGE : Axis1, dir=0 and Axis2, dir=0 .
    Understand me?
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    photos of axis assignments please
  3. McCorwin

Balance:
    - 80Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -0
    Sorry but why ?? You don't need it... I misspoke
    My purpose is to establish a general way to make all dir...
    My question :
    In Axis Assignments, If I make for ROLL : direction box checked on axis 1 and direction box unchecked for axis 2, how do I check the direction box to SWAY ?
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I think I understand what you are asking
    settings.jpg
    On each DOF, you have axis 1 and 2. The boxes are highlighted there, because I had to set them that way to get my motors going in the right direction
    If you click on the force, there is a drop down list and you select the force you want to add. Like shown in the photo.
    Then set a percentage, usually start with 20% per DOF and fiddle with numbers in the tuning centre till the force feels more or less right. After that , turn up or down the % if need be.
    Here you can see the rest of my DOF forces I put in
    settings2.jpg
    Does that help?
  5. McCorwin

Balance:
    - 80Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -0
    Sorry for my english ;-) , I know for the force % and tuning center
    I just want to add good axis direction for motion like sway, yall, heave [​IMG]
    If I make for ROLL : dir box = checked on axis 1 and dir box = unchecked for axis 2, how do I check the direction box to SWAY ?
  6. McCorwin

Balance:
    - 80Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -0
  7. McCorwin

Balance:
    - 80Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -0
    For me, the boxes were highlighted for ROLL easily (my motors going in the right direction) but it's difficult to do the same thing for heave, sway, surge or yall, motion sensation are difficult to feel...
    My Question is :
    Can we find the axis directions for SWAY with the help of ROLL axis directions ?
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    not really, roll may be opposite to sway.
    I sent you a PM
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  10. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    In most cases I have found that roll is checked the same way as Sway is , On my setup axis 1 is inverted for Roll and Sway.
    Pitch is not inverted so too is Surge and Heave.

Once setup and you have the game you want to use. You can do a simple test. Only set Roll with a % as in turn all the rest to "-" and run the game. This way you will only feel roll and can then go park the car in a position to show the roll motion , if its rolling the other direction you will then know to change the inversion on Roll. Note some game roll one way as some roll the other. Bit of a bugger.
    Once happy with it rolling the right way , you can then change the MIN and Max in the Game Engines Tunning centre to dial in how much roll you want. Then move on and test others, once happy turn them all on and enjoy.