1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Aussie DIY Electric Racing Sim

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by EvanF, Aug 23, 2007.

1. EvanF

EvanF Member

Multimedia Producer
    Balance:
    423Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    For those who haven't come across this thread, and are looking for ideas on how to make a DC motor powered sim chair, and where to source sim related components, this is a really good account of SimonMe46's problems and solutions.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=225439

btw, check out his video of the chair in motion, very impressive ... tried to upload to here (1.9mb) but webserver closes.

Enjoy the read!
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    But his setup is relly dangerous. Just imagine your Fingers beween the chain and the cogwheel. Ouch...

Here is the link to his video...
    http://forum.rscnet.org/showpost.php?p= ... stcount=99

Its a pity that he hasnt finished it. Perhaps we could bring him to try it once again with X-Sim an Tronics Servo controller!
    EDIT: He has two Frex simconmotion setups already ;)
  3. EvanF

EvanF Member

Multimedia Producer
    Balance:
    423Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yes it is a pity, heres his latest post...

ugh I wish it was me he was meaning!
  4. SimonME46

SimonME46 New Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Holy thread resurrection!
    Just checking in on progress with X-Sim.
    Updates on this the motion platforms are still sitting in my shed, I was planning to cover the chains and cogs with covers so they wouldn't be dangerous. I am now heading towards making one of the setups into a flight sim (per joyrider).

The 2 Frex Simconmotions have been converted to run on x-sim and are installed in a 1964 mini.