1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Arthur 6DOF actuator Build

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Arthur SCHOOR, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Arthur SCHOOR

Arthur SCHOOR New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    My name is Arthur and i'm French. I want to built a 6DOF Simulator. My project is the same of "Peacmaker105"
    I have already built the bottom plateform. :)

If we have some ideas, i'm all ears ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Arthur SCHOOR

Arthur SCHOOR New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello, since last weeks I have buy the Logitech G29 and it's very cool for the simulator !!
    And I have make the top plateforme
    Next step is the actuator

Attached Files:

3. Peacemaker105

Peacemaker105 Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,977Coins
    Ratings:
    +352 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hey Mate, glad to have inspired someone :) Looking good so far! Only recommendation i can give is to try and get the angle where the rose joints bolt up to in line with the angle of the actuators. i've been meaning to fix this but both times ive had the frame off i have forgotten haha. Just means at standby position (50%) you will have full range of movement available without the joint binding or hitting its limits. Not that i've really noticed it but if it does hit its limits it will be stressing alot of other components unnecessarily. Also don't bother with those pillow ball mounts on the bottom of my actuators haha, failed experiment :p. Good luck with the build.

92236860_922224324878464_5718830941254713344_n.jpg
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Arthur SCHOOR

Arthur SCHOOR New Member

Balance:
    64Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Peacemaker that's the reason that i d'ont already weld this part ;)
    Now I have to wate some cash for buy motors and other parts .... So sad :(
    Thanks for your help !!
    • Like Like x 1