1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Are DIY FFB wheels worth it?

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Veslisnajps, May 16, 2021.

1. Veslisnajps

Veslisnajps New Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I have been reading all the posts on this forum, and i just need to ask a simple question.

Are diy ffb wheels better or as good as something from Logitech?

I have a Logitech DFP and its ok, but the gears in it drive me crazy. But from what i can read on the forum the main problems are the firmwares. So also ai-wave and emc or mmos?

Any reply will be much appreciated.
  2. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,610Coins
    Ratings:
    +458 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
  3. Adder

Adder New Member

Balance:
    84Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It depends. Do you have a right tools and skill to do it? If yes then go for it!

EMC got my vote here! two month now (daily basis) and more to come :)
    Personally i don't go back to Logitech ever again.

Building and testing is fun! :grin
  4. Veslisnajps

Veslisnajps New Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you using the free version or the paid one? Cant find info on how to buy the full version.
    And wich motor did you go for?

I have a 3d printer, and made a f1 rim with magnetic shifters and recently load cell pedals. So yeah i have the skills to do it.
  5. Adder

Adder New Member

Balance:
    84Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

https://www.facebook.com/EMCDeveloper/ Just send PM. Cost under 20usd

Motor: my1016 24v 350w
    Cytron 30A 5-30V Single Brushed DC Motor Driver
    E6B2CWZ6C OMRON Rotary Encoder E6B2-CWZ6C 1000pr
    Pulleys, belt etc..

Pretty much same here but i used acetal plastic.
  6. Veslisnajps

Veslisnajps New Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The shipping for that motor is more than the motor in Serbia. My plan was to use two 12v drill motors or car (wippers, sun roof) motors, because i have 12v 500w PSU. And over time upgrade to stronger motors. I think that just haveing a better encoder ( then Logitech) will improve my driving.