1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Anyone know how to reset the EEPROM ON Sabertooth 2x60 ?

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by SilentChill, Jun 8, 2019.

1. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,399Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    One of my 2x60's has seems to be knackered, it keeps oscillating back and forward .

Can connect to describe but no option to to rest anywhere.
  2. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    If you want to restore the device back to factory defaults, go to the File menu and click New (Reset to Dimension Standard). Then, click Upload Settings.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,399Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Knew someone would know but I managed to figure it out , I just loaded default settings and HEY PRESTO back to working again :D
    • Like Like x 1
  4. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    4,489Coins
    Ratings:
    +297 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
  5. BlazinH

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Sorry for delay but I've been out of pocket for some time. Since the 2x60 has no built in usb port you will need a USB rs-232 to ttl level converter which changes the voltage from 12v coming out of your computer to 5v for the sabertooth. Then to connect it to your 2x60; gnd to gnd, output to s1 and input from s2. If wired properly you can now use the DEscribe app to reset or make other changes if needed.
    Note: Be aware that after a reset the 2x60s baud will change back to 9600 factory default.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  6. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    4,489Coins
    Ratings:
    +297 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    thanks @BlazinH
    i have seen mention about reset in fourms..
    but i didnt know it gets involved requiring a ttl adapter..

i was able to perform the factory reset, and the sabertooth is back in action.
    how ever, dimesnion engineering says that a short could have cause the EEPROM corruption...

do you think the sabertooth is less reliable after a corruption event?
  7. BlazinH

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    It should be as reliable as it was before unless you changed wiring etc. around. Something caused it's memory that holds your settings to be corrupted. Therefore moving things around could possibly make it better or worse than before. It also may have nothing to do with that at all if it was caused by a power spike/drain or something like that. Since the tooths convert the input voltage to 5v for its processor if the input voltage drops to low it will not get 5v. I told Dimension Engineering it would be better if they added an external 5v input also because of this possibility but you know how request usually turn out :(.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020