1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Any good value for money printer ?

Discussion in '3D Printing' started by vthinsel, Jun 16, 2016.

1. vthinsel

vthinsel Well-Known Member

Balance:
    5,985Coins
    Ratings:
    +563 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    Hello !
    After spending time developing UDP plugins, TM1638 dashboard, XPID, button-box, etc etc.... time has come to continue (and maybe finish) my rig. I have asked friends/colleagues to print several stuff (box for dashboard, diameter adapters for rods,gears, ...) but now I'd like to do it myself. I'm looking for a printer based on arduino mega+ramps (for adding auto-leveling, and playing with marlin firmware) , with LCD and SD card ideally. Would you recommend me a specific model/vendor that would provide an affordable (cheap :) ) printer that would fulfill that without needing to replace/print all poorly designed parts/? Prusa i3 seems a good starting point but there are so many different models around.....

Thanks for your inputs !
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mrbeginner

mrbeginner Active Member Gold Contributor

What ever come in my way
    Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0
    hi. I'm to check those 3d printers few weeks now and find out that prusa i3 is very good starting point with few upgrades. now I try to learn onshape witch is free cad software before I start to order my own printer.
  3. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -0
    keep posted i really wold like to buy a 3d printer some day... tell us what you buy, what you will spend etc etc
    :D
    :popcorn
  4. bruce stephen

bruce stephen Hammer doesnt fix it, must be electrical

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,238 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
  5. Bruce

Bruce CM Security

Security Tech
    Balance:
    718Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I use a Velleman K8200 chap printer but with specific mods it can do a really neat job.
  6. Archie

Archie Eternal tinkerer

Balance:
    3,796Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I got clickbaited by "Money Printer" :D
    • Funny Funny x 1