1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question AMD vs Intel chipset for P3 motion Poll USB Issues

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by optical10, Sep 19, 2018.

?

Which motherboard chipset are you using with your racing simulator motion setup?

1. Intel z270 Chipset family

100.0%
  2. Intel x299 Chipset family

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. AMD x370 Chipset family

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AMD x470 Chipset family

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. optical10

optical10 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    694Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Okay guys I need a big favour I need a poll of which motherboards Chipset you guys are using as it seems that the information I was given about how many USB host controllers the motherboard has isn't the whole story it depends whether the USB host controllers are share the same PCI-e 3.0 4x equivalent interface along with all other chipset functions to the CPU like intel x299 Chipsets motherboards or whether the controllers, all with their own connection (1 set directly from the Ryzen CPU, a second set directly from PCI-e lanes, and a third set from the Chipset, which shares bandwidth with other components back to the CPU), making it a little bit more effective to share the bandwidth load like the equivalent z470 AMD motherboards.

So I could really do with people's real-world experiences with whatever version of AMD and intel chipset you're using.

So if you could let me know in your signatures are replying to this poll which chipset you're using and whether you had USB bandwidth issues requiring that you added a PCI express card to solve it please It will be much appreciated so I can finally get this P3 working.

I've ordered but not used the Gigabyte X299 Aorus gaming 7 pro so if anybody has any experiences with that would really appreciate your findings from the USB issue.

My current motherboard is the ASRock fatality Z270 mini ITX that doesn't allow me to expand the PCI express with a usb 3.0 card that would solve the problem as it has run out of slots because it only has one for the GPU.
    If anybody has any preference for me to add to the poll just let me know or just mention it here in a reply if it's a good USB bandwidth solution with your motion simulator.