1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

AMC1280USB Kickstarter announcement

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by Thanos, Jul 6, 2017.

1. hexpod

hexpod New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    119Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    For our platforms, the raw value does not provide good results. It obviously needs some conversion.
    "Gload norml" is the g-load across the aircraft, relative to the aircraft body-axis.
    As you noticed, the issue is that without any motion we get a value +1, while all other linear and rotational accelerations starts at 0. It is shifting the whole axis to operate almost at the clipping limit of our heave dof.

Desperately I tried to set it -1 / +2 but it's not a solution.

I would need assistance. Please PM me if you have any ideas.

cheers
  2. value1

value1 Nerd Staff Member Moderator SimTools Developer SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor SimTools 2.0 Beta Tester

Balance:
    2,597Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,815 / 10 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Hi hexpod
    The +1g is always effective in the direction of the earth center, i.e. when you fly vertically up, there is an additional +1g pulling on the surge acceleration and heave is 0.
    The only feasible way for the elimination of this +1g that I can see: Convert the local accelerations to world accelerations, deduct -1 from world heave and convert the world accelerations back to local accelerations.
    As this involves the Euler vectors, I'm concerned about the gimbal lock needing special attention.
    I've successfully applied this method to the iRacing plugin – however iRacing cars tend not to do loopings and that kind.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanos

Thanos Active Member

Balance:
    1,000Coins
    Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, Joyrider, Motion platform, 6DOF
    For the motion platforms we need relative accelerations that are centered in rest position. LFS seems to get that right.
  4. hexpod

Balance:
    119Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    That's interesting!
    Hi @value1,
    Do you think you could give it a try in the near future?
  5. value1

value1 Nerd Staff Member Moderator SimTools Developer SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor SimTools 2.0 Beta Tester

Balance:
    2,597Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,815 / 10 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Try this plugin version. Earth gravity is deducted from the acceleration vector.

PS: I'm still a terrible pilot… You aviators need to put the plugin to the acid test!
    PPS: Funny enough, x-plane provides "
    motion platform stats" but still includes earth gravity. Maybe someone needs to tell them…

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. hexpod

Balance:
    119Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Well man, I am impressed. you go fast.
    The axis is properly centered now. From what I can see in my quick test, It the behaviour seems fine.
    You made my day, Thank you very much!
    • Like Like x 2