1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

AMC LCD showing 108 not 128

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by stowaway, Jun 24, 2009.

1. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My AMC LCD is showing 108 108 not 128 128 like on tronics videos... (for the values that are suppose to be changed by the computer.. not the values the pot changes)

would this indicate a problem?
    Also when i turn my pots they go from a random number between 0-100 and 863...
  2. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well im making progress! i changed the chip to a atmega8535-16PU (i had 16PC .. )

And it now comes up with 128 128 !!

however still doesnt talk thru USO :( i will keep trying!
  3. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also noticed that hyper terminal looks like it works! but it wont allow me to enter any input into it. so it effectively doesnt work.
  4. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Dont Give up we all have been there i cant say wher for sure but can you read the Checksum when you have programmed the Atmega chip , have you set the correct fuses, is there a Loose connection ,dry joint or intermitant contact in the Proramming jumper cable , i had all these issue on my build and i thought i had checked those area's loads of times , i guess the moral here is We Know the Circuit works it useually then a small mistake on the builder Side not a critisism just what i have picked up reading some of our posts, but being so close to the build you tend to not see your own mistakes. that was very much the case for me. so fingers crossed Good buddy hang in there, your gonna scream when it works and thats a good thing
  5. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I definitely wont be giving up!

Ive decided that my hacked together board has had too many repairs and re-repairs. and it wasnt a quality pcb build in the fist place. (i used the iron on method)
    Im going to try the UV Light method and hopefully Ill get a better quality board.