1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Aerofly FS2 and VR = WOW!

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by Archie, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Archie

Archie Eternal tinkerer

Balance:
    3,796Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Just purchased this off steam after @value1 released the plugin for it.

I've not had time to setup the motion for it yet but did have a play of the game.

Now, while this Sim is not P3D / FSX, if you just want to fly around looking at pretty stuff, this is the Sim for you.

I spent well over an hour flying around in the F-18 looking at the Grand Canyon in glorious Oculus VR. Then about the same time again playing chicken with the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco.

For a game that really showcases just how buttery smooth VR can be in a flight sim, you can't go past this title.

I hope the developers release more areas soon.
    It has the potential to be an excellent "quick play" simulator.

Highly recommend.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Spit40

Spit40 VR Flyer

Balance:
    2,881Coins
    Ratings:
    +198 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Agreed. It's fantastic. I've notched up a lot of hours in it over the last 6 weeks or so with my CV1. Mainly Cessna as I'm brand new to sim and want to learn how to fly rather than play. Now I'm hungry for motion sim to go with it, hence joining the forum today. What I can't decide is whether I need a super complex 6DOF with loads of travel or whether a nice simple 2DOF with say 15 degrees movement is satisfying enough for flight sim.
  3. Archie

Archie Eternal tinkerer

Balance:
    3,796Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    The beauty of VR is that you don't need lots of travel to trick your mind. I'm happy enough with my 2 DOF, however, the 6DOF does appeal just because of Heave!
    Having said that... you can get heave with a tripod 3 dof... I just can't be bothered re-tinkering with my Sim at the moment. I'm just enjoying actually using it! :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Spit40

Spit40 VR Flyer

Balance:
    2,881Coins
    Ratings:
    +198 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    That's great to hear as 2dof i can handle. I have been curious too about how some 2dof simulators (such as the ckas ones) talk about simulating additional dof and being almost as good as some 6dof.
  5. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    While I'm not necessarily saying they can't be almost as good (and maybe even better), manufactures will say anything to sell their products. Go around and look at different sites that sell motion simulators. Most of them say theirs is the best and then usually go on and explain why they think so in an attempt to convince you too. But they can't all be the best. o_O
    • Agree Agree x 1