1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Advice on new Sim Build

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Major_Hard_On, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Major_Hard_On

Major_Hard_On New Member

Balance:
    18Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi new sim user here and looking for advice on a rig im looking into buying.

I currently am about to purchase the either of the following:

Chassis: Sim Lab GT1 Evo with GT Trak Seat or Next Level Racing Rig GT TRACK editon

Motion Platform: NextLevel v3 platform or DOF Reality 2 or 3

My build was going to be the GT EV1 and the V3 motion platform,reasons, sturdy chasis and very quiet motion simulator.

Im currently using the Valve Index and looking for a motion platform for my first real sim setup. Further down the line i was thinking of purchasing the Next Level Traction Plus System (when drop in price is right).
    The only problem i would have further down the line was fitting my GT1 with V3 to the Traction Plus,but im sure this can be done with a little bittle of elbow grease and modding.

So is this setup adequate? I dont know much about the DOF and also im in the UK so hard to purchase,but far cheaper than the V3? But the V3 is super quiet which i really need.

Questions:

1. Would it benefit me to drop the GT1 chassis and stick with the Next level chassis and seat with the V3 (sticking to Next Level for everything) or do you still suggest the GT1 and Trak Seat mounted with V3.

2. Is there a huge differences between both platforms,would it benefit me to go with the DOF but get it imported and fitted to my chassis? What about the CHassis the DOF comes with? Looks rather large and bulkyo to me rather than a fixed sitted chassis close to floor. Money,well looks a lot cheaper for DOF but worth it again over sound/movement and size?

3. Software,how is the software issues? Firmware upddates etc for games and new games released?

4.Probably a silly question here,but i know the platforms work on telemetery settings/config for these games in the software,but does the platform work for games Not in this setup ie,games like VR mario kart/Elite/Mechwarriors,do the platforms still move under joystick movement? Like if im in a mech and turn left the seat moves? Or do these platforms ONLY work with the games provided?

Thanks for any help/feedback etc.....I seem to be going round in circles and looking for some advice so i can purchase the equipment soon.