1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Adverts?

Discussion in 'Forum and Website' started by RandomCoder, Feb 22, 2017.

1. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Active Member Gold Contributor

Control Engineer
    Balance:
    1,674Coins
    Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I've searched using keywords "Ads" and "Adverts" which both yielded no results therefore I've assumed that this question has never been asked before.

Is it normal to have adverts placed in the middle of postings? I'm using Mozilla Firefox and have noticed that ads appear mid post. I don't mind then at the start or end of a post but mid post seems a little excessive.
    Is it just because I'm new to the Forum or my choice of browser, or is this the same for everyone?
  2. crammy

crammy Active Member Gold Contributor

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    i believe adverts are just a part of it. gold contributors don't get adverts however. if you contribute they will be removed. its just a way of showing your support for the forum and its up keep to improve it. its definitely worth it for all the plugins you get etc. to just to buy software like simtools i doubt it would be cheap and all the guys on here put in a lot of hours
  3. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Active Member Gold Contributor

Control Engineer
    Balance:
    1,674Coins
    Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Adverts at the start, end and between posts is not so bad but breaking midway through a post is pretty awful IMHO.
    Anyhow, thanks for making me aware of the gold contributors package. I have a feeling I'll be spending quite a bit of time on the forum and so it's money well spent. I've been holding off downloading the SimTools package whilst researching what is involved and currently I'm busy learning how to use SketchUp and Sketchyphysics.

Thoroughly enjoying a new found hobby! :)
    • Like Like x 4