1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Adäquate Hardware für DIRT

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by egoexpress, Mar 25, 2008.

1. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Ich brauche neue Hardware mit mehr Performance.

-Motherboard
    -Processor
    -GFX Karte
    -RAM

Also eigentlich alles^^

Habt ihr Tips für mich? Kenne mich nicht aus, was gerade das non-plus-unltra ist. Preis spielt ne untergeordnete Rolle. Also ich will keine 100 Euro mehr für 10 Benchmark Punkte ausgeben, aber es sollte schon High-End Hardware sein.
    Wo hängt die Latte? Wer ist gerade vorne? Intel oder AMD, Nvidia oder ATI?

Gruss
    Christian
  2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian,

I could recommend you a whole series of products, but they are far more expensive from the 100euro, you have available. So I'm going to give you some older and cheaper solutions that can still work.

A nice graphics solution if you motherboard supports PCI-EXPRESS is to buy a Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT card (I have one from MSI). It works fine with all the games I was tested until now, even with DiRT!

As for CPU I recommend Intel. I have a Core2 (6400) @ 2.13Ghz and that works enough fast for the latest modern games but there are already Intel processors with Quad Core!!!

Motherboard: I recommend Gigabyte. I have the GA-P35-DQ6. One of the few new motherboards that still have serial port onboard!

And you need memory! At least 2GB,

Regards, Thanos
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi,

unfortunatly babelfiish translated it wrong. I do want High-End Performance parts. Its just that most times the difference between the best product and the one on second place is really small, but the price differs a lot.
    I just dont like to add 100Euro additionally, if the much cheaper hardware just differs round about 10fps in benchmark:)

I think I will buy a gfx card for round about 350-400 Euro, an intel motherboard with pci-express and Core2duo processor (perhaps quad, have to investigate their prices), and 4GB RAM.

Which gfx card would you recommend in the 350Euro range?

Regards
    Christian
  4. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Chris,

u wanna great performance for dirt? Buy the PS3 :D
    Just kidding! Here is my favourite list of range of graphiccards:

http://www.3dchip.de/Grafikchipliste/Leistung_Graka.htm

I suggest the 8800gt with a good price-performance ratio.

Think about the the quad cores from intel, if your purse says yes! Actually, hardly no game supports quad cores, but it won´t be long until every game will do it.

It would be cost-effective to buy a mainboard with quad core support and a Core2Duo, now.

2GB is the minimum memorysize! Notify that you will only have 3,2 GB memory available with Windows XP 32Bit, if you install 4 GB. The rest unusable due to the 32bit restriction in memory management. It is overhead. Only with a 64 bit, you will have the whole 4GB.

regards
    René
  5. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I like this one :happy:
    But ATI does not have stereo3D drivers. Or are there any news on that issue?

The 8800GT is nice as well, but the Radeon HD3870X2 has alot more performance. The difference seems to be far more than 10fps :)

Have the gfx card manufacturers lowered their prices for new hardware? I can remember that I have payed 550Euro for my last gfx card and it wasnt the most expensive one that time.

Any suggestions for RAM chips, as they differ alot in performance?

Thanks
    Christian
  6. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Take 2 x 8800gt´s and you are faster than the HD3870X2 ;)

I don´t like ATI at all, they made too many mistakes in the past.
    I think there are no news about any 3d stereo drivers.

550 Euro? Which one was it? I mean that is 1100 Deutsch Marks!!! Really crazy... that´s a lot of Heu :D :hi:

About the memory, DDR2 should be enough. The prices absolutely down actually. DDR3 is too expensive at the moment and you will have 1% more power, if ever ...

regards René
  7. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Even ATI made some technical faults in the past,the ATI 3870 X2 could be worth a try, nevertheless. The GFX beats the new Nvidia 9800 in many games. And the NVIDIA is more expensive. Is it concret to buy the card? Maybe you can tell me your experience with the gfx when you own it, because i toy with the idea to buy a new card, too!

regards
    René