1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Active Belt tensionR modified to work with Flypt Mover or Simtools

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by Motion4Sim, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    615Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi guys. tensionR is an active belt tensioner device from PT and only works with SRS.
    that's a pity because many people with diy rigs and especially with 6dof rigs might also want to use this belt system. SRS does not support real diy 6dof rigs . I had some time and wrote a new firmware for the esp32 so that access also works with simtools and flypt mover. i am very satisfied with the system. I didn't notice any differences in the function compared to the original. hope that helps someone.
    the firmware is for free .. and if you want to test it please write pm or call me @ motion4sim#4206 at discord

here is a small video about it:

you can install the bin with esp flash tool:

https://www.aeq-web.com/esp32-flash-tool-exported-program-upload-bin-hex-file/

for wiring i used an esp32 dev board with pin 4 and 5 for canbus crx and ctx and an
    mcp2551 dev board
    upload_2022-6-18_19-31-59.png
    and esp32

upload_2022-6-18_19-33-23.png

i already did not flash the build in esp32 of the tensionR system i have to check how they communicate with the can bus. please contact me before doing it for more information..

for mover there is a online profile. search for motion4sim. the serial string should work the same way for simtools.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,699Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    You forgot to mention, such modifications resulting in losing warranty on the tensioner hardware and restoring compatibility with SRS can cost 200usd for the original firmware...
  3. Motion4Sim

Motion4Sim Member

Balance:
    615Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Thank you very much @Thanos for expanding my post with your attendive addition. It's true and I usually don't think too much about such important things. I was of the opinion that everyone who takes $1000 in their hands thinks carefully about what they do with it. So folks please think carefully about what you are doing, if you delete the original firmware it will be expensive and you will lose the warranty. At this point I would like to point out again that the firmware only works with the external additional ESP32 and the CAN BUS transciever. So you don't have to delete the original firmware either. I will soon add a photo for the connection of the CAN BUS in the device. But the warranty is definitely out, but everyone should decide that for themselves.

Today I tested the harness with DCS World and it was an amazing feeling flying upside down and the harness pinning you into the seat. Really great. That increases the immersion in a 6dof considerably, I won't give it away anymore.

Have i nice time

In Google Übersetzer öffnen

Feedback geben
    Ähnliche Fragen

Attached Files: