1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

A Few Quick Questions Please re Actuators etc

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by turbodude, Jan 9, 2009.

1. turbodude

turbodude New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I have been browsing the forum for a few weeks and I am now ready to start collecting parts. I will be building something similar to tronics simulator.

1) I know many people mention linear actuators with lets say 150mm/sec speed but the resulting angular speed(degrees/sec) of each of the two axis obviously depends on where you mount the actuator. I understand that the power of the motor is also closely related to the speed and response of the system but lets say that is not a limiting factor at this stage. I am trying to sort out what gearing to use for my wheelchair motors so is there a good figure of degrees/sec rotation speed of the actual simulator(each axis) to start with on a tronicgr type sim.

2) I have 24v wheelchair motors but may start testing by using wiper motors which I also have. I vaguely remember gyus mentioning that 12v motors can be run from 24v. Has anyone tried wiper motors at 24v and if so did they get too hot in a sim environment.

Thanks in advance for any help.