1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tutorial 3dof scn5

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by skae87, Jul 5, 2017.

1. skae87

skae87 New Member

Balance:
    - 40Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    FIRST OF ALL: sorry for posting again. it was posted in the wrong section previously.

Hi people!
    been arround for a looooong time but posted only few posts.
    I started simracing (Well, arcaderacing) with sega rally in sega saturn... then i had a ps2 with gt3 and my passiond arised like hell towars simcaderacing....so finally I built my motion rig in 2011 and so far it has evolved and refined to become what i am showing you today. I only play rf2 (finally is VR compatible) and AC. I play absolutely nothing else in my computer or videoconsoles althought i have oculus touch bla bla...just played the day i purchased it. CARS are what i like.
    All is done by me except the basic kit for motion (Simxperience kit 1) which is the cardan+2 actuators+dampers. The rest is DIY.

I started with a 2 dof and then added a 3rd actuator (scn5 150mm) to have yaw/rear traction loss.
    from a logitech g29 I evolved to a T500 and nowadays i use an OSW small mige with a momo wheel filled with buttons and rottarys all functional.
    The pedals are quite basic: fanatec v2
    gear box also basic: thr8 and the old logitech used as a secuential
    some bass shackers are placed under seat (2) and behind seat (2 more) and also under pedals and gear shift (simply using low pass filter audio in stereo so i have different vibration left/right)
    used to have a flat screen, then a 100" projection beamer, then a 180º 100" warp arround projection beamer and nowadays an oculus rift (i don't have anymoer a flat screen or any other screen, just the rift).

Hope you like my rig!!
    if people has any questions i can post the ongoing process to build it to how it looked in cad doc (do not have pics of building process on how is it nowadays)

cad gomariz retoques2.png

I add first drawings and final cad (though the actual simrig is fairly different and updated form the cad)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017