1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

360 SIM

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by FRJO, Mar 9, 2011.

1. FRJO

FRJO New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBYo1yDaWOo&feature=related

if I have understood they use x-sim
  2. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good idea ,but ,,if anything happen to your seat belt...you will break your neck.
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks fun......for a while...but would be hard to properly game, I suspect.
  4. EC Sim Hardware

EC Sim Hardware New Member

EC Sim Hardware - - CEO
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you design the geometry with good shape of steel, screws and nuts and of course, attach the seat support and belts perfectly, it doesn't need to happen anything bad ;)
  5. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    If they use X-Sim shame on them for not telling us about it! I remember a video of it's prototype was posted in a 360° sim topic and some replies about their own controllers.

They figured out controlling the position for continuous rotation, props for that!

I agree bsft, it looks fun but the feelings can't be so realistic. Most of the people just try to hang in there and steer the plane back to level. This seems to be a good candidate for the first serious injury in a motion simulator. I hope safety was top priority when designing it.
  6. FRJO

FRJO New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    after viewing several videos on YouTube i think a lot of safety work remains to be done mainly legs and arms that can get out of safe limits .you can really end up with a plaster !
    sorry for my english
  7. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    0:32 almost smashed his fingers/hand between the tubes :eek:
    :cheers:
  8. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hey! Guys, this safety talking sounds too jealousy for me! :thbd:

These are the Brazilian guys who made a 2 dof prototype in the past. (I would link to that topic if the search was working)

They use heavy duty industrial grade electrical motors.
    The sim rig is just amazing! It is pretty close to what we can ride in NYC, at Intrepid aviation museum. However, their system is much faster and more responsive than the US version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGGkuLA4VcU

I have tried this sim in NYC and it is a great feeling, pulling 1g is not easy. But, that is pure immersion!

I remember I told them their design would work much better for flight sim. And, that seems to be their target now. :clap:

Great job they have made, it looks absolutely FANTASTIC! Perfect flight sim IMHO!!!

Cheers,

MY
  9. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    They have done a great job, no doubt about it. I really like the frame design and the simplicity. :cheers:

Safety talking sounds too jealous? :) If you stick your arm out at the wrong time, you can loose it quiet easily. I won't be jealous, trust me. :) I assume they want to sell this to the public (I hope I can have one), in that case safety has to be the first thing on the list.

0:32 - Exactly rafael! I don't think a plastic cockpit around the frame would have been that hard to make, before letting the public ride it.. Poor people don't even know what is up. Literally! :D
  10. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Frakk,

First of all, the sim was not open for the public.
    That is a prototype unit and It was being used by the developers, only.
    And, I gotta say, if you are smart enough to make this great machine but not smart to not get caught by it, you do deserve to have a finger or two cut off! LoL

I bet all you guys fasten your safety belts whenever you turn your power switch on, even when you are just testing or adjusting a minor thing! ;-)

They don't need to put any plastic, just a car racing net would do it on a final production unit. ;-)

Now, if you still want to overlook all the great features of the sim rig to talk about safety devices not yet present on a prototype sample...

Cheers,

MY
  11. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I completely agree with you. The videos show Campus Party 2011, which made me assume it was available to try for others. While the creators know how to handle the beast, a casual person with no experience doesn't.

But please don't tell me 0:32 was not scary...

Other than the obvious continuous 360° of fun, I don't know much about it's features. They are probably busy polishing up the prototype, but it would be nice to hear about the technical details.
  12. FRJO

FRJO New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not jealousy. the concept is great but two or three solid transparent Plexiglas can avoid lot of inconvenience .
  13. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Yeap, when the guy puts his hand on the frame I started wondering how long to see an accident.
    I am pretty sure they might have had some small casualty already.

I am curious to know more about it too. Maybe there is more info in the forum but the search does not seen work anymore.

Cheers,

MY
  14. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I bet this kind of motor have a torque more then enough to cut your body in two piece...

ps: Engineering is all about safety
  15. newman

newman New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 82Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The Beast in this video link ( Intrepid aviation museum ) looks for me very different.
    One centerpoint from the simu in this video is outside the cabin. So this will really generate realistic g-forces.
    That will create a very different effect compared to the 'brasilian' design.

In the first moments I saw this video I was not able to focus me on the sim - I was scared to see an accident in the next moments...
    And it seems not that only the developers are using this sim on these demos.
  16. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Actually, it is the opposite.

Engineering is about making killing machines. In civil world, the one that kills or hurts less (also know as safer) is the best!
    In the military world, the one that kills more, is known as the best! ;D
  17. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    You are partially correct about the different g-force simulation method.

Nevertheless, I would already be very happy if I could have the Brazilian design, since it is much better than what I have and than everything else I have seen around here for Flight Sims! 8)
  18. vulbas

vulbas Active Member

Balance:
    1,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    other video

prototype

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGUcoUUYAx0&NR=1&feature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arz_BIPC1ek&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBF97g3RHFY&feature=related
  19. FRJO

FRJO New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12xlunq0IuM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdUhmpugiKI&feature=related

:lol: security upgrade for girl :lol:
  20. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    That is the kind of racing net I was talking about!

These videos show it configured for the public... Different than before, when it was being used by the developers, only.