1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

RaceRoom Racing 24 hours race, racers wanted!

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by Gouffy56, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Gouffy56

Gouffy56 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    298Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi everybody

Since 2018, I organize a simulation of a 24 hours race. By teams of three pilots, we started with a 3 actuators rig, then we moved to two three pilots’ teams running on a couple of 3 actuators rigs and eventually this year we run on a brand-new couple of 5 actuators rigs. Note that for this event, the two rigs are not coupled but run in parallel for any reason I can explain if required. The two rigs are set exactly the same way, either in term of actuators or in term of game, as a matter of facts PCars2 (same car driven, same number of competitors, regarding the cars competing, same cars breakdown into the various classes and same weather conditions). The winning team is the one having achieved the higher number of laps within 24 hours, or if tie, the team running these laps in the shortest time.

My proposal is to increase the number of competing teams for this event, however not using any internet connection as having several rigs from all over the place connected during over 24 hours, I don’t buy it at all. Therefore, the idea is: all teams run in parallel, using the same game conditions as already achieved between my two dynamic rigs. A small tip regarding starting all rigs at the same time: our race is displayed live on a web channel (Twitch), therefore, you just need to log on this channel and start racing at the signal triggered on the screen.

When the race is over, all participants will immediately send a video of their results to allow me setting the standings. There will be two standings, one for the static simulators and another one for the dynamic rigs.

Should you be interested in participating, please PM me : https://www.xsimulator.net/community/faq/private-messaging.85/

Along with a picture of your dynamic rig and your location (Country and city) and in return, I’ll send you the race rules.

Regards
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2022
  2. Gouffy56

Gouffy56 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    298Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Something I forgot telling you: this 24 hours race is planed mid June 2023.

François
  3. Gareth McGuire

Gareth McGuire New Member

Panel beater
    Balance:
    25Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, Arduino, SimforceGT, Motion platform
    It would be cool if i could get some schools envolved here in South Africa