1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2 dof setup not moving in games

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by abs, May 25, 2011.

1. abs

abs Active Member Gold Contributor

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Hello all . i need a little help with my new setup

that a 2 dof snc5 150 power by a single PSU 24 volt 5,2 amp

i have 2 devantech rs485 -usb .

the actuattors are seen by the snc5 plugin . when profiler 2 is loaded. both pins moves and calibrate. the test went fine .(followed the video, i had nice spike and nice motion of the actuators )

however in games nothing happens exept with one profile where only one actuator moved with the engine in the game. Other than that nothing happens in games .

in the snc5 plugin the timing is 3 0 100 . I tried 7 0 100 and 6 0 100 etc

i uncheck the 4 boxes for automode

i tried different version of xim , dowloaded driver for the usb devices

i used a kill switch and a resistor of 2200 ohm but dont use a z diode. i believe my wiring is OK . i used one of the wiring posted in the treads but not the one in the hardware thread . shoul i do a rewiring with a z diode ( i dont think so)

is there a probleme of timing ? what would that be for devanteck rs485 usb?

is there a problem of IP adress ? i use a single PC ( quad core- is that the issue?)

help is really needed . i am kind of stuck and dont know what to do

thanks
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I'm not sure that you can reliably use 0 with the Devantech. Try 3,3,120 and check all 4 boxes. This will eliminate the question of actuator timing.

After doing this, make sure that you are using a motion profile that is designed for your actuators such as those in the profile pack I uploaded. You can search these forums for SimXperience Profile Pack to locate the zip file.
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I haven't seen the sim design in question, but if it's a 2DOF SCN5 based simulator as posted above, then for the purpose of troubleshooting the problem, you do NOT need to make a new motion profile. You should have movement with ANY 2DOF SCN5 motion profile. After you use a verified motion profile to troubleshoot, then worry about perfecting one to your exact simulator as SirNoName suggests. Taking this suggestion before solving your no motion problem would be a poor troubleshooting choice because it would only complicate matters.
  4. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi,
    look in output setup.on this place you can set the math to a axis.i mean one side is delite in this place.
  5. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    I tried your suggestions (Bernard) : timing 3 3 120 and used one of the profile from the service pack with n luck.
    question: is it possible the PSU is not provided enough juice in game mode but enough in testing mode . or is it possible in testing mode the power comes from the usb from the adapter and not in game mode ?

i ll try other things tonight
    thanks for the help so far
  6. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    can you explain more Nima ? i did not quite understand what you ment

thanks
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Tell us more about your setup and what you've done so far. You may just be overlooking one simple step.

Also, each SCN5 only draws 2 amps, so I don't think the PS is the problem, and if the actuator calibrates as you say, communication is also working.

Not to be rude, but did you press the 'Try Send Data' button and the Start button? Also, you haven't even told us which game, or if the problem happens for all games.
  8. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    i was thinking that the connection is not happening correctly between the sender and profiler.

these are the steps
    load the profile in the profiler (file, load , accept )
    open the sender
    choose the right plugin (exemple gtr2 plugin)
    than choose a IP connection (127,0,0,1) -is this correct ?
    define the path for the game in the sender (c\:gtr2\gtr2.exe)
    push try to send data and then start the profiler - here nothing visible happens - i am not sure there is data transfered

play game (nothing happens except the game start)
    tried also - to push play game and to push the start button in the profiler . both start but nothing happens in the actuators

i tried rfactor, gtr2 and lfs with no succes with that kind of testing

i suspect a bug in my connection between these 2 programs.

it would be good to clean the registry and reinstall the program ?

or maybe there is a conflict hardware or software ?

Can you provide a newbie step by step conection between these 2 programs

I also tried to follow the video where we create a one click icon to start a game it failed after a press the try send data button and lauching the option of combining . there is a windows that says OK and then nothing (to create a name ) .
    I really believe to connection is happening betwwen the programs
  9. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi abs,

For rFactor, did you copy x-sim plugin file into rFactor plugin folder ?

For GTR2 did you modify your GTR2 player file (.plr) to enable shared memory?
    Shared Memory=1

For LFS did you modify your cfg.txt file ?
    OutSim Mode 1
    OutSim Delay 1
    OutSim IP 127.0.0.1
    OutSim Port 4123
    OutSim ID 0

Bleco
  10. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Check your firewall. The first time that X-Sim runs, it requests the ability to be able to communcate. If you said no, then that may explain why they are not communicating.
  11. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Many thanks to every one . the actuator react in games . It was a communication issue between the programs . i did not relise to make instuction in the game folder itself
    again many thanks
  12. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    it seems i had to instruct the game to communicate with the sender and the profiler though minor chages in some files inside the game directory

thanks again
  13. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Many thanks to everyone. Bleco is right . I didnot instruct the game ro communicate with the xsim softwares

I was able to get motion of GTR2 and LFS but not Rfactor . I guess there is something else to do with in the game folder ?

what thread would give such info for games such as arca nascar 2003, gt legend , rbr, F1 2010

what about all simbin games : is it the same process as GTR2

again many thanks for the quick response of everyone and for the solution .

one other question: i find the response a bit rough . how do soften a bit the response o the actuatores ?

thanks
  14. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Make sure x-sim plugin file is copied in rFactor\Plugin folder and not in rFactor root folder ...

Building a good smooth profile is not so easy but you can begin by decreasing desired effects intensity % on both axis. Also you can try to reduce the actuator acceleration value for both axis in the output section if defined in the profile ... Make sure it's the exact same value for each axis (copy-paste the value).

Try to search the website or google if the search is not available ... All the info you are looking for is somewhere on this site ...

Bleco
  15. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Hello , this is off topic the 2 dof not moving , but have one last request :

could I have a hint on the title of the topic regarding these mods to be done to the sim game ?

Yes , the plugin was copies inside the x-simplugin folder and I tried also to copy it inside the LFS forder aswell. Both were not succesful. i assume i have to modify some file also.

thanks
  16. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    my mistake I really ment rfactor. LFS is fine
  17. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I must agree with Sirnoname! :)

Plus I never talked about a x-simplugin folder ... This file must be copied under c:\Program files\rFactor\Plugins ...

@Sirnoname: I tried to add the x-simplugin to this post but it seems that I cannot add any attachments ... Any extension is not allowed ... Even removing the extension will not work...

Bleco
  18. abs

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    sorry guys when i wrote that post i was tired . i made a mistake on the name of the sim and a mistake on where i copied the plugin.

it was rfactor and the xsim plugin was copied inthe rfactor/plugin/.... folder . sorry if i created confusion . it was late tired and could not sleep that night . i might reinstal the sim in nother folder fresh and retry the process. i suspect the sim was changed in the past with add on or what ever and is affecting the link with the plugin .

many thanks again for your patience and i m really sorry for the confusion
  19. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Some rFactor plugins can be incompatible with x-sim plugin ... Try removing them one at the time and test ...

Good luck

Bleco