1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

125rpm motors

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by dorulet, Aug 30, 2018.

1. dorulet

dorulet New Member

Balance:
    6Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello guys and girls!

I have been planning to build a 2DOF for some time now and i have been also gathering info and materials.

I have just found some motors that i like but i do have some concerns. I would really like to hear your opinion about them.

Motor specs (written on the plaque on them):
    24V/25A/0.55KW
    3000RPM @ motor shaft
    125RPM @ output shaft

Things that i like:
    They seem more industrial orientated rather than consumer orientated: general construction, removable brushes, 25mm shafts with key, waterproof connections,etc
    Made in Germany by what seems to be a reputable company. This makes me trust the specs on them.

Things that i have concerns about:
    125RPM. I saw that most of builds use motors in the 50-60 RPM range. These are double that.
    Gearbox seems to be planetay and not worm driven. It might move free if not powered on.

Please ask me any questions if further details are needed.

Photos!!!
    A5DCFDC2-0363-40E9-B11D-BE711B3EC74D.jpeg
    CCD33825-CD6F-40E5-93FD-0258858A2CB8.jpeg
    FA263014-A594-4F35-9CFD-FAF0F9025002.jpeg
  2. My.stAr

My.stAr Active Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    1,064Coins
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    The motors are more than 30 years old:eek: Where did you find them?
    With 125 rpm you can go really fast, also with the 550 W:thumbs Huge G-Forces.

Cannot say anything about a planetary gearbox, sorry. But the rest should be fine.
  3. dorulet

dorulet New Member

Balance:
    6Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hey! Thanks for your response! I got them a at “local online flea market” type deal. They are probably from old industrial equipment that is no longer used.
  4. AndreFilipe

AndreFilipe Andrefly

businessperson
    Balance:
    - 55Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, SCN6, SimAxe, Arduino, SimforceGT, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi friend, You can advise me on the choice of engines to make a 6dof platform! information like torque that I will need among other things !? Thank you, already, hug.
  5. My.stAr

My.stAr Active Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    1,064Coins
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    There are lots of variables!
    Do you want to have linear actuators with ball screws? If so, what pitch do you want? For 5mm pitch 1 NM is more than enough...
    Do you want to use wormgears? What gear ratio will you use?
    What geometry will your sim have?

First of all you can read this:
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/faq/6dof.22/category

and a lot of build threads... you will find all information you need.
    If not, start your build thread and ask your questions there;)
    • Agree Agree x 1