1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DiRT 3 Complete Edition (Steam) not work!

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Doctor Kruntz, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctor Kruntz

Doctor Kruntz Active Member

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Hi drivers... I have both versions of DiRT 3 Codemasters game, not Steam version and Steam version.

The first version (DiRT 3) work normally with SimTools while the Steam version (DiRT 3 Complete Edition) not work.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the patch in the different path... C:\Users\Documents\My games\ DiRT 3 for not Steam version and D:\Giochi (x86)\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\DiRT 3 Complete Edition for Steam version.

It could possibly be an issue related at different game name? (DiRT 3 for one and DiRT 3 Complete Edition for the other).

In the SimTools - Profile Editor (More option) the process name indicates "dirt3_game"... maybe that's the problem!:think
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    DK, please post this question in the Dirt 3 plugin thread. Not sure but your question might already have been addressed there as well.
  3. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    While I have no personal animosity towards you @Doctor Kruntz, I’m asking you to discontinue all posts on this forum asking for help with any issues you are encountering with Simtools and your new commercial simulator! As @Pit has already mentioned Prosimu states,
    So why aren’t you contacting the manufacturer for support of their software instead of asking here? Never mind, I’ll tell you why; because Prosimu and its owner Patrick are lairs!!!!! They don’t have any motion software of their own and they have pointed you to using Simtools. The problem is that they don’t own Simtools nor have they purchased the legal rights to tell you that its okay to use Simtools with their product. A few months ago Patrick told me in a PM that he was working out a licensing arrangement with Simtools author but that is a confirmed lie also;
    So what you should be doing imo is contacting Prosimu for support of their product and complaining to them about all the flack you are getting trying to get support on Xsimultor.net with software they are plagiarizing! Furthermore, you should ask them for your money back for being at best dishonest, and at worst, thieves!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  4. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,416Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I agree with @BlazinH and on the other hand I regret the situation because you @Doctor Kruntz are a nice guy for sure. You can support our community by insisting on Prosimu.com like all buyers of a commercial simulator should do who are using SimTools without a licence.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  5. prosimu

prosimu Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 870Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -1
    Hi BlazinH,

Please, be careful when you post something about me/my company. I'm not a lieer. I ask to Dustin if i could have a commercial Licence, he respond to me this in June 2015 :
    "
    Hi Patrick,

We are working on it, and we will have more information available soon.
    SimTools 2.0 will be the version that will support what you want to do.

Dustin

"

So the PM that you have received from me was talking about the reponse of Dustin.

I want " The Peace", i support my clients when they have questions about software (SimTools/X-Sim/Lince) or hardware, i try to find/bring solution. I do some test in order to find what's wrong with installation, parameters, take the control of there PC.... i do my job.

Thanks Patrick
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. BlazinH

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Hi Patrick,

Thanks for responding as your post just helps proves my point! You were told by SimTools author (Dustin Arrnell) that; “SimTools 2.0 will be the version that will support what you want to do”. Great! But where is the wording that allows you to steer your customers to using SimTools 1.3 until that happens though?

This is simple! Does Prosimu have its own proprietary motion software or not? If not does Prosimu have permission from Dustin Arrnell to offer support for SimTools 1.3 to their customers? If not then remove all game titles from the list on your website that you claim you support that can only be achieved thru SimTools atm. Then quit silently informing your customers about the existence of SimTools at least until you can provide a solution of your own first or you obtain the proper licensing from SimTools author!

We will see if you really want “The Peace” or if you really just want to continue operating your company in an unethical manor.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. james wheeler

james wheeler Active Member

Balance:
    216Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I am having the same problem with dirt 3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, the plugin, and the patch. Is there a solution?
  8. BlazinH

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    As asked by the moderator above @james wheeler, please post your question in the Dirt 3 Plugin thread.

9. james wheeler

james wheeler Active Member

Balance:
    216Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Oop nevermind I got it. I was patching the steam instalation folder. But since I use a 64 bit win7 pc I needed to patch c:/my documents/my games/dirt3 .Works now. Sould I simply delete these comments?
  10. BlazinH

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    No, you're fine. Glad you got it figured out!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    I do not like raise controversy and I like to have constructive comparisons with everyone, but from this entire situation I understand only one thing... Unfortunately on this beautiful and interesting forum there are some members that seem to be angry with the whole world, make judgments and spit sentences and they are ready to attack everyone and everything also about things that do not directly affect them! :(

On such a sensitive topic the only one who would have the right to respond it should be the SimTools author Dustin Arrnell and nobody else... if he feels harmed in its interests and he wants to assert his rights!
    Therefore, I think all the things said by pseudo defenders of his cause leave the time they find... o_O
    The only thing really important here it is the mutual help that we can give or receive for the benefit of this community, the right way to continue to increase our knowledge and cultivate our shared passion :thumbs

I do not want to offend anyone for what I said but it was fair to say all this.
  12. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,416Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Your comment is stretching it a little bit too far, my dear! This so-called "not to offend" you have the nerve to write things like" pseudo defenders" to well known members is just an insult. I suggest to close this thread @RaceRay , @value1 , @Historiker.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Dear Pit, our era is beautiful because everyone is free to think and to present their ideas and points of view... So, I have not offended anyone but I only expressed my way of seeing things as you have just expressed your... and see good, "to insult" is a big word and it has nothing to do with this topic.
    An advice from an adult and serious person as I am: always avoid to fueling a dangerous fire and shut down immediately some small and harmless little flame! ;)
    Long live the friendship and respect...
  14. Blame73

Blame73 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,255Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,105 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Saying there are "members that seem to be angry with the whole world, make judgments and spit sentences and they are ready to attack everyone (...)" seems to go in the opposite direction, not in the "friendship and respect" one.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Doctor Kruntz

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    OK, OK... let's stop here, because it seems that there is no possibility of constructive dialogue and we bring the post on its original track :cheers
  16. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    First: This thread should never have been created. This question should have been asked in the appropriate thread. DK, please read my first post above.

Second: I am going to close this thread for now, even if it were appropriate it has been taken far from it's original intent.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.