1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Need help, my motor sway when stopped...

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by abah_masha, Jan 22, 2016.

1. bruce stephen

bruce stephen Hammer doesnt fix it, must be electrical

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,237 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    This is oscillation. There is a delay in movement due to flex. The distance of the pot from the motor is causing this. I had same problem. Unfortunately i had to completely redesign my pot mounts to eliminate any flexing or delayed movement. But ultimately this is caused by the design of the pot mounts. No adjustment will help. It will show its face during game play if not corrected. I battled it for a month trying to tune it out until i tried a new design with stiffer components and pots with less resistance. Pots that are hard to turn can also contribute to oscillation.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. abah_masha

abah_masha New Member

Balance:
    130Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Your video are private, I can't see..
    Our motor are same, have 3 cable.. for fast and slow. for mine, I choose fast (cable), but... if I change Negative to Positive (rotate of left to Right), the speed of rotating are different. perhaps this is what causes all that happens. I will try for change my motor next. I hope will fix that problem (sway when stop). :grin
  3. abah_masha

abah_masha New Member

Balance:
    130Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I have changed with strong plate for mounts, and stongly attached pot to motor, it still happend.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  4. bruce stephen

bruce stephen Hammer doesnt fix it, must be electrical

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,237 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    is it assembled? are you running it with a load? this will affect performance.
  5. abah_masha

abah_masha New Member

Balance:
    130Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Thank's Bruce...
    No, nothing loaded... whether the problem will disappear.
    I ever to ask my friend (strong friend) :p to hold that motor before (load simulation) , still shaking.
    I have not assemble (2 dof simulator seat building), I will begin to do so if this is resolved (if my motor can move looks good) :thumbs ..
  6. james wheeler

james wheeler Active Member

Balance:
    216Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I think I changed the videos private setting. Its normal to have two different speeds when reversing the polarities. you will see in the video. Pay attention to how much distance it takes to stop the spin. That is what was causing my issue. On medium (first example) and fast (third example) the motor continues to move (Slows to a stop) after the power is disconnected. However on the slow (second example) you can see how fast it stops. The faster it stops the more accurate the reading and the less the Program will try and compensate. Hopefully eliminating the bounce back.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  7. insanegr

insanegr !N$@n€

Balance:
    16,715Coins
    Ratings:
    +498 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    here is a pic that could help you finding high and low speed
    . WipersHI1.jpg
    wiper have only two speeds. third and faster one is wrong. you are using high and low speed cables
  8. james wheeler

james wheeler Active Member

Balance:
    216Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I don't know much about the internal workings of a wiper motor I just played with the wires and there were 3 different speeds. The science behind it don't matter to me only the fact that when I use the slow speed my sim works and no longer jumps around like it did in my earlier video on this thred
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Arta Yasa

Arta Yasa Member

Balance:
    752Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi sir i have wiper motor ex bus, but cannot runing, i check the spul are oke, and carbon brush are oke, but this motor with 3 carbon brush, how to run it sir??

Attached Files: