1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Step by Step Guide

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by SUPERSLOT, Sep 1, 2008.

1. SUPERSLOT

SUPERSLOT New Member

Balance:
    9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hy Everyone

First, congratulations on this fantastic forum and for your technical competence.
    I have read all the Forum, and now I decided to start building a frex like simulator, but i have one problem my expertise in electronics is low.
    It' s possibile to have a small Step by Step guide to reach my goal ?

Thank you all in any case

P.S. I have Read the the topic on scn5 linear actuator, but i have read this topic too late. I am very interesting in this test it' s possibile for me to make a donation to enter the group?
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    The last donation campain ended, and we have the SCN5 test acutator already. So no, there is no chance to donate anymore this time.

Though it is just more than fair, if the community supports those who do the dirty work for you all, it is not a requirement to donate anything to enter in any project or beta test group . We are a non-commercial non-profit community.

It' s possibile to have a small Step by Step guide to reach my goal ?
    There is no step by step tutorial available yet. Besides that it is a little early, as we have the SCN5 just since friday in our hands.

Regards
    Christian
  3. SUPERSLOT

SUPERSLOT New Member

Balance:
    9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your reply egoxpress (Christian) and excuse for my little gaffe
    I have a question, where do I start to realise my project?

Thank you and excuse me for my basic question

Regards
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    You could buy a seat at first, and then put the motion frame arround it. The pictures you can find here in the forum will help you. When you have the frame ready, you can continue to connect some acutators.

Regards
    Christian
  5. SUPERSLOT

SUPERSLOT New Member

Balance:
    9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok, ok this a very basic steps, my project now in on the paper and it is visible on file attached, but before i start to spend money i need help on the electronics component for the motion controller, if is possible

Thank you

Regards

The design is incomplet, now is without actuator

Attached Files:

6. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Since you decided the type of the sim you want to build, you now have two options:

1. Wait for the development of SCN5 support, and use these easy to mount and trouble free actuators.

2. Or you can try DIY by using some wiper motors and DIY electronics interface like in the links below:
    post9374.html#p9374
    tronic-s-amc-motor-motion-controller-with-pwm-servo-output-t559.html
    tronic-s-diy-dual-mosfet-h-bridge-t820.html

Again the decision in yours! The first option is easy but more expensive while the second option is far more cheaper and might worth to try if you have some machining and soldering skills.

Regards, Thanos
  7. SUPERSLOT

SUPERSLOT New Member

Balance:
    9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thanos

Thank you for your precious response, i think that i wait for snc5 actuators development.
    you think that the time for development are very long?

Thank you very much
  8. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hey Superslot,

nice CAD construction. Please finish it. I would like to put it in the forum header then.

You could use this racing seat:
    racing-seat-t885.html

And as well the CAD drawing of the SCN5:
    ACAD-SCN5.rar

Regards
    Christian
  9. SUPERSLOT

SUPERSLOT New Member

Balance:
    9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Christian

and also thank you for the file, when i finish the drawing i put it in the forum

Regards