1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Dirt Rally Seat & FOV app

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by Hobbs77, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Hobbs77

Hobbs77 Active Member

Balance:
    815Coins
    Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420616051

I found this yesterday and it works great for Dirt Rally. Take your time read all info. in the link and like always use at your own risk!

1. The download file is in the above link and uzip and place in your steam DR location file. Follow the instructions and don't forget to change app location to where your game is located.

2. The only other little quirk I found is any adjustments you make to the xyz axis and you find you need to change, hit the restore button first. What happens I believe is if you add .20 to the z axis and find you moved it too far and then lower to .10 it takes your .20 as the new starting point and instead of subtracting the.10, it then adds the .10 to the .20 and you end up with + .30 instead.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  2. SixCyl

SixCyl Member

Balance:
    444Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    @Hobbs77
    Thanks, I'm curious to try this on triple screen...
  3. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    The in-game seat adjustment options will come in next update, which will be this week.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Hobbs77

Hobbs77 Active Member

Balance:
    815Coins
    Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Thanks for the heads up and hopefully their seat option works easier than this one!:grin
    • Like Like x 1
  5. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    @Hobbs77 Actually, as I saw, update should come today around 3 PM GMT :thumbs

Few months ago I was messing around with the tool you mentioned in your post, but eventually I gave up because it was too messy, first until I've found out how it really works (as your point 2.) and later for almost every car I needed to do corrections.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hobbs77

Hobbs77 Active Member

Balance:
    815Coins
    Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    prodigy .... Sorry for wasting everyones time with this and thanks for your updates. And as far as it being messy....once I figured out what was happening with the mutiple adjustments, I was able to find a setup that I was happy with. Then I just fine tuned each car from the in game FOV settings options. I'm glad it only took me about an hour to find my setting! It really made all the difference being able to set it up closer to my liking.

Seat and fov adjustments are 2 of the most important features for any racing game and should be implemented right from the start! The effects it has on the overall presentation and playabilty of the game are huge imo.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SixCyl

SixCyl Member

Balance:
    444Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    @Hobbs77 ,
    @prodigy ,

Please, if can you join a picture on this thread when that is functional ...
    It's regrettable than the studio of this game was not permit the player to tune Field Of View and seat .
    But fortunately there are:
    Hobbs77, Thanks for this thread and the link !

And

Prodigy, Thanks for Update ! Good job.
    Regards.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hobbs77

Hobbs77 Active Member

Balance:
    815Coins
    Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Well.......I for one am really enjoying the new seat adjustment feature in the today's update should of been there from the start! Better late than never. :grin
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  9. WhiteGoblin

WhiteGoblin Member

Balance:
    549Coins
    Ratings:
    +38 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thanks for this :cheers