1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

No data is sent to USB converters.

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Hmaia, Sep 1, 2015.

1. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    just set up to sway and surge for your sim get all that setup and goto each step from there ok.
    you defo don't have wire problem if when you launch the simtools it moves and calibrates the scn5 and seat so its ready.
    set it to just the sway and surge and then shut down and restart it and see if it calibrates again on just those two.
  2. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    i have some time now so will be on this with you for help today now if ok matey and lets hope we can find it and get you running :)
  3. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    just a note you have to shut down simtools and restart it if you change the speed and acceleration settings ok.
  4. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    I really think tho you only need to change the speed settings looking at all the pics again but you don,t need the info for any more than sway n surge if that's what you run ok, keep it simple and easy to track then, change that speed only and see if that does the trick ok.
  5. Hmaia

Hmaia Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    133Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Hi f1iceman,

I lowered the speed in sway and surhe to 4 and 5, still no reaction.
    Did another test with just Game Engine, Game Manager and Tuning Center on, and used Output Testing in both modes.
    As you can see, there numbers change in the green boxes for sway and surge in DOF output, and for axis output.
    What is really puzzling me is that it seems the game is sending signal to the actuators, and also Output Testing does the same, but I have no movement.
    I am going to try to import a working preset for SCN5, and see if I can get over this problem.
    I have tried to set high and low values for the tuning center with no results. Thanks for your willingness to help.

Capture7.PNG Capture8.PNG
  6. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    have you changed your speed setting in the interface section of the game engine ?
  7. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    it will not work with it as low as you have it its at 10 and needs to be at 10000 for base setting.
    remebr interface 1 and 2 speed needs changing here.
    change and shut simtools down it will say then reboot and try your game again.
  8. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    look where the 10 is on the interface setting nothing will work at that setting ok. far too low
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Hmaia

Hmaia Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    133Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Thank you so much!!! That did it, I have movement!!!!

Now I can play with the game engine and the tuning center.

That value was caused by a misunderstanding in a previous post by norbeast. We dumb Americans use 10,000 (comma) for ten thousands, instead of 10.000 (dot). 10.000 to us means 10. Problem solved. Have a great weekend.
    I can now put the simulator together.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    brilliant news matey its so cool when you first get running and then it starts to cost money as you will not stop ! lol :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hmaia

Hmaia Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    133Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    I can't show enough my appreciation to you and all who made suggestions in solving the issue.
    It is heartwarming to realize, that even as busy as we all are, time is taken to help others. I think the passion we feel for simracing makes us share what we know with others, and want to share unselfishly our experiences.

The third SCN5 came with a problem, and I am sending it back to the seller for repair or refund. I am doing a detailed BOM for all parts, from the CAD drawings, and next week I hope to get all the 8020 profiles.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    you my friend will be doing the same for others and thats how things grow and become stronger, its greed that kills the world and not being so open and you can see how much the world would be if it was how this forum is hey :)
    i'm not intrested in im better than you sort of things or i know more im intrested in helping if i can right or wrong theres nothing bigger or better than a group that gets on puts everything to the side and builds knowlege and makes a hobby better than can you can possibley imagine.

i just joined iracing and posted on there, about half hour later i got idiots commenting trying to bring what i was saying down or to be completely wrong. all i wanted to know was is there anything to help with my 800m indash steering wheel as i can dial it out in other games to 400mm, there was some genuine there tho but without the like and things you can not give some one a data base of there site skills and people skills.
    turns out iracing does not let me do anymore than i am and that is fine thats what i needed so i turn wheel off and carry on.

theres so many top people on here with time to give.

so can not wait till your getting the third scn5 running.
    lets hope you have some good news with the dead scn5.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    also if your stuck with the directions you change that with the black and orange box i was saying earyer ok.