1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

UnoJoy gamepad

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by Dusko Dogandzic, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Dusko Dogandzic

Dusko Dogandzic New Member

Balance:
    456Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone tried using arduino as game controller instead of scraping some old game pad?
    https://code.google.com/p/unojoy/wiki/GettingStarted
  2. tombo

tombo Active Member

Balance:
    2,436Coins
    Ratings:
    +246 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    I've tried it. It works very well.
    There are better options avalible, but if the specs are right you can use it. I also flashed the arduino back to use it as arduino. It worked also and was very easy.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dusko Dogandzic

Balance:
    456Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    well my idea is to enable 3 axis and use it as a pedals for clutch/brake/accel arduino is pretty cheep 2e from china potentiometers cost more then arduino. For what did u use it? @tombo
  4. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -0
    i did what you are trying, one tip to help you not get insane... when you test your pots connected to the analog ports of arduino, always connect all the 3 or 4 pots you will use, if you test connecting only one pot, you will move all the axis at once and it will drive you crazy... i asked for help at their forum and nobody answered.... so those are my two cents.

best regards
  5. tombo

tombo Active Member

Balance:
    2,436Coins
    Ratings:
    +246 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    I only used it for testing purpose of Diy Hardware. The resolution you can get is not very good.
    Better get a Teensy but will cost more.
  6. Dusko Dogandzic

Balance:
    456Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    resolution wise i think its not that important because my current one logitech momo has only 8 bit resolution which is 0-255 arduino can handle up to 0-1023. i think its better to invest in higher quality pots then in teensy (tho i like it and i think i will get one but for some other project)

some reference:
    logitech momo: 8 bit
    logitech g25: 8 bit
    fanatec v2 clubsport: 10 bit
    fanatec v3 clubsport: 12 bit
    • Informative Informative x 1