1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

make 0-10v(dc) from 0-5v(dc)? please help

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by unreal939, Sep 3, 2015.

1. unreal939

unreal939 New Member

Balance:
    - 18Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    I am working on a project and i have some parts left from an old race sim they build at my school.
    They used mucle cilinders and festo vavles to acuate them but if i want to use this software i can only use 5v pwm output from my arduino.

please help a noobie.

greetings Rainier.
  2. h106frp

h106frp New Member

Balance:
    117Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    You have a few options;
    Use a transistor switch to get the PWM to 10 volts then low pass filter for 10 volts DC (easiest) or low pass filter and the use an op amp to amplify or use a I2C DAC and use an op amp to get to 10 volts DC.

The DAC is very graceful and you can get up to 4 channels quite easily if you check the addressing of the chips used.
    http://www.technobotsonline.com/adafruit-12-bit-dac-breakout-board.html
    http://www.technobotsonline.com/i2c-dac-breakout-board-using-mcp4725.html

If you use the PWM you need to configure for good resolution of the duty cycle, the period is not so important, then 0 to 100% duty will be 0-max DC volts. Lots of web calculators for calculating a simple RC filter. This method is well documented on the web
    Similar discussion here, you just need to alter the voltages to suit;
    http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/133509/having-trouble-getting-pwm-transistor-voltage-up-to-5-v
    The easy way to get a 10 volt supply is to use a small cheap DC to DC converter from the micros 5 volt supply.
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  3. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,916Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    • Informative Informative x 5