1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

No surge motion (Richard Burns Rally)

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Rainer, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Rainer

Rainer New Member

Balance:
    250Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi!
    I´m finishing off my first attempt at a 3DOF (seatmover w traction loss) sim and have a problem with RBR.
    As the title says I don´t get any game data input on the surge axis and therefore no surge motion. All other axis´work perfectly.
    Below some screenshots to show values captured in tuning center and my settings in game engine and game manager profile editor. Main level is at 100%.
    As you can see all other axis´give input but surge is at 0?
    I´ll also show my motor and PID settings in the JRK configuration utility although I don´t think that´s the culprit here.

Hardware is:

JRK´s
    ZYT-90 motors
    HP dps-600pb PSU:s
    Bourns 360 deg pots

I already posted this question in the RBR plugin thread but haven´t got any answers. I guess no one sees it there.

Thanks in advance and :cheers to all the people on this great forum! :)

TC.jpg GE.jpg PE.jpg JRKCUMOTOR.jpg JRKCUPID.jpg
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Daguru

Daguru Rally drivers do it in the Dirt

Kitchen installer
    Balance:
    452Coins
    Ratings:
    +631 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    Hi @Rainer ,
    Im no expert with tuning profiles etc but I have motion With RBR all forces work fine, my settings differ from yours by a lot not sure if you can use mine I guess its worth a try the only thing I would leave alone with yours is the Dir options in axis assignment as your motor position might be reversed etc hope it helps

we are both using JRK, Same Motors, Psu and pots lol

rbr tuning.jpg
    as you can see in the tuning centre my values are much lower than yours and I had no need to touch the profile editor> profile settings sliders
    rbr tuning1.jpg

this is not a finished profile but all forces work to a tidy level I kind of been side tracked with dirt rally lol
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  4. prilad

prilad Well-Known Member SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer

Balance:
    9,612Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    I've published plugin's update with this bug fixing.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Daguru

Daguru Rally drivers do it in the Dirt

Kitchen installer
    Balance:
    452Coins
    Ratings:
    +631 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    Hi @prilad

Im still using v3.0.0.3 and surge works ok for me cheers for the update thou your a star !!
  6. Rainer

Rainer New Member

Balance:
    250Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much @prilad ! :cheers
    I was so confused that only one axis was missing and all others worked fine. :grin
    The fact that other users had the plugin working perfectly made me think I was making some kind of rookie mistake. I´m just finishing building my first motion sim so everything is new to me.

Also thank you @Daguru for trying to help! :cheers Nice to hear that someone else has the exact same setup. Guess I´ll be asking you if I have problems in the future. :)
    I´ll definitely try your setups cause so far I´ve only did some test runs to see if my sim is working and they´ll come in handy when fine tuning.