1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Several site bugs

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by iMakeRobots, Jun 26, 2015.

1. iMakeRobots

iMakeRobots New Member

Balance:
    334Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    Hi!

I heard about xsimulator from reddit /r/robotics. I've built a small scale stewart platform and I plan to go big soon. I'm looking for software to connect my platform to various games and this sounds like the right place.

However, I had some trouble using the site and it makes me question the quality of the software.

On the homepage there's a video playing that autoplays and is smashed so far to the right that it falls of my screen. I'm running on a 17" apple laptop in firefox. It looks like there's a space in the top of the page where the video was supposed to go, but something went wrong. That autoplay was really getting on my nerves, every time I hit the back button to return to the homepage it would start again. I thought I would write to you and give some feedback.

I tried to use your contact us form and it said "please find some other way to contact the administrator." ohkay.... so I tried to sign up here. Once I found the registration page (obvious to old users, hard for me?) I was offered a "log in with facebook" option. I tried that. Did it create an account and connect? No. It asked for a password to associate with an existing account. Well I didn't have one, so I went back through registration and tried again.

I'm sorry I come off so negative on my first post. I'm grateful your software exists, it will be a huge time saver for me. Thank you!

Regards,
  2. iMakeRobots

iMakeRobots New Member

Balance:
    334Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    Wow, it wouldn't let me make reddit robotics a URL, or put in a link to my stewart platform. It also didn't tell me what I was doing wrong, so I had to remove content from my post until I figured it out by accident. Not friendly to new users, hey?
  3. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,495Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
  4. Daguru

Daguru Rally drivers do it in the Dirt

Kitchen installer
    Balance:
    453Coins
    Ratings:
    +632 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    First off welcome:) @iMakeRobots

I've Not had a single problem with this site,it's software, members or anything else ie posting pictures ,videos etc

The community is the best I've ever seen on a forum period!!
    The software is easy to use and gives you great motion :thumbs
    Hope you get you problems sorted good luck
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you did say you were using an apple PC. Should not be a problem, but........maybe some else may know