1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Custom interfaces and non-standard function calls

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by tpba, Oct 3, 2009.

1. tpba

tpba Member

IT
    Balance:
    374Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello ( hopefully sirnoname )
    I'm working on my custom code for a pair of CIO-DAS08 and CIO-DDA06/12 boards from measurement computing. They are driving an industrial size hydraulic pump and motion platform. Nice toy eh !

Whilst I believe it is feasible to open up pitch, roll and heave functions on the cards to x-sim (i'm mapping those I/O channels now ), I also need to open up extra functions too. For instance, I want to have a function on x-sim to open the door of the pit that I have. My motion pit has a door with hydraulic actuator that is driven from one of the channels on one of the cards mentioned above. This isn't a deal breaker for me because I could probably remove the door. It would however be a nice touch ;)

I guess I could call the door open function during the card init and close again during shutdown, but I might want someone on the outside of the pit to hit a shutdown/reset or door open button at any time ( to kick me out our revive me )

Really appreciate a reply from one of the interface coders here :)

Regards
    T
  2. tpba

tpba Member

IT
    Balance:
    374Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone try this before ? This stuff is now driving me :freu:

Attached Files:

3. chupepe

chupepe New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

Just wondering, i'm going to buy a sim base from servos.com, and would like to know if your code is available for me to get a head start, i'd be interfacing it to a measurement computing dda06/16, that's why i ask.

I'd love to see an update of your sim base, can i find it somewhere on the net?

Please let me know if you can assist me in any form.

Thanks, have a nice day.
  4. Brandon Naids

Brandon Naids TalonSim

Balance:
    - 103Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, Motion platform
    Any luck with connecting to a Servos & Simulations base? I have having issues with my computer picking up my Measurement Computing daq as a comport for SimTools to register.