1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Good Stuff :-) Wiimote & Freetrack

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by wannabeaflyer, Sep 8, 2009.

1. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Saw this on Youtube and thought the Aircraft sim guys may be interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evO5u15Bias ;D
  2. tonyuk100

tonyuk100 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats pretty cool, love to know how thats done if anyone can shed any light on it, especially the Wii remote part.
  3. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Readme

The Wii remote work, like a 100fps infra camera, and use a infra led to pointing. :D
    [img600px]http://chriz6662.ch.funpic.de/bilder/wiirremote1.jpg[/img600px]
    [img600px]http://chriz6662.ch.funpic.de/bilder/hand2.jpg[/img600px]
  4. tonyuk100

tonyuk100 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I cant't get the link ( readme ) to work, it just keeps saying problem loading page. any chance of anther link, cheers.
  5. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  6. Jesse05James

Jesse05James New Member

Balance:
    493Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Joyrider
    I have had freetrack running with the wiimote for a while now and whilst I am moving to arduino gyroscopic head tracking, so I can use the wiimote as a joystick instead on my motion build, it is awesome and cost almost nothing if you have the wiimote. The genuine wiimotes track 4 dots, of which I use 3. It does drift a little and can be jerky sometimes, fine tuning usually fixes it tho, turn vsync on can fix it too and of course a hot-key/button for centering/disabling etc. pay attention to the documentation and set your dead zones and curves.

One big note, I use three 22 inch screens in portrait set about 100 cm from my face, so when I turn my head and eyes to the left or right the world follows, on a small screen setup you need to train yourself to look in the opposite direction towards your screen. When you want to look left, turn your head left while your eyes must stay on screen (looking right in relation to your head). It feels a bit weird at first but I started on a laptop and you do get used to it. The bigger screen area solved it for me for the most part.

For my clip, just follow the freetrack build guide, I use 1 x AAA battery to drive 3 IR leds, .5 v 20ma. no resistors, a switch and it works a charm. there is a resistor calculator on their website if you want it to be more complex (indicator led etc.) tip.. make it light.. hence one x AAA battery.

Good luck and have fun :)
  7. Bodax

Bodax Member

Balance:
    583Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    i can't open the link on youtbe ?