1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tutorial Mjoy16 USB AVR Joystick

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by tronicgr, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Evais Zar

Evais Zar New Member

Balance:
    199Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, Arduino, JRK, Joyrider, SimforceGT
    Thanx Thanos

I will try to change their names and will test it...

Owais
  2. Darkhanbaatar

Darkhanbaatar New Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    hi all i have problem and i builded Mjoy8 but usb error is unknown device how i repair it and i already readed all comment and i burned to atmega by minipro TL866CS. sorry my english not good
  3. Darkhanbaatar

Darkhanbaatar New Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    hi
    I builded that circuit but didn,t work, i used 3.3v zener and i burned hex file to atmega by MiniPRO programmer i didn't use ponyprog, what i do now?
  4. Pixello

Pixello New Member

Student, Amateur designer and programmer
    Balance:
    449Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor
    Check fuse bits, 0xCF HIGH and 0xFF low should work well. Also i have reprojected PCB (by mi), as small as it can be :D I'm including PDF and eagle PCB files :D. Note that analog GND should be separatly connected to main GND by chooke

Attached Files:

5. Darkhanbaatar

Darkhanbaatar New Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
  6. Pixello

Pixello New Member

Student, Amateur designer and programmer
    Balance:
    449Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor
    Chceck zener diodes and resistors at usb data lines, i looked at picture, mjoy 16 remains Atmega16/Atmega16A, set cokpt fusebit (0). Lets try my version of pbc, 1 link up, its smaller and it work at 100% :D
  7. steve50

steve50 New Member

Balance:
    558Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    Hi!
    For Mjoy16 you have to use a Zener diode 3.3Volt, 0.5Watt, not higher Watts! Earlier I biult an MJoy16, very accuratly, but it did not work, "Not recognised"... The only problem was:I used 2Watts zener!!! I changed it (all 2 of them :) ) and now it works fine!
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Darkhanbaatar

Darkhanbaatar New Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi all Atmega8-pu, Mjoy.hex Mjoy_2011.png
    Mjoy don't work, i checked Zener my used 3.3V zener and i changed 3.6v zener, result is same what we do now
  9. Sokol1

Sokol1 Member

Balance:
    14Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -1
    FYI - Since Mjoy/Mjoy16 is now obsolete (USB 1.1 - low frequency), a cheap Arduino PRO micro provide a better solution (USB 2.0, high frequency).

Firmware for joystick already available, the Mega_Mozg MMjoy: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3899105/MMJoy_-_Build_your_own_USB_con

Is not cost effective - besides difficult due the SMD format of ATMEGA32U4 - but PCB layout for DIY assembly is available.
  10. Al T

Al T New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    Guys, could you please have a look into my project and share your ideas how to integrate joystick into this machine?