1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools_GameManager has stopped working

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Mavness, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Mavness

Mavness New Member

Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    When I launch FSX (steam edition) game manager shows "game running" but then immediately crashes.

Windows 7 64 bit, never had anything working with this software, I have a simxperience setup, been bullet proof for 2 years, works fine with their software, but having issues getting simtools working :(

Attached Files:

2. Mavness

Mavness New Member

Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Oh and I saw this but I already had that file in the directory, but I tried adding it anyways, didnt fix it :(

Added SimTools_GameManager.exe.config to Zip File
    SimTools_GameManager.exe.config should be added to your SimTools installation directory automatically during patching.
    If this is not the case, manually adding this file might help.
    I therefore added the SimTools_GameManager.exe.config to the zip file again.

If you can patch the simulation but GameManager crashes after the start, please copy the fileSimTools_GameManager.exe.config into the program directory of SimTools...
  3. Mavness

Mavness New Member

Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    I was able to get the error before it crashes. It shows this then immediately crashes. I cant click on details because its instantly showing the above screen shot error message and doesnt allow me to click on anything.

Attached Files:

4. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,460Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Mavness

Mavness New Member

Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    You are awesome thank you so much! This should be added to the pugin readme.

Also for those finding this with the issue, I went into this directory, then did a search for the SimConnect.msi, I found 4 and ran them all, only then did it work without crashing

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK
    • Like Like x 1
  6. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,460Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    @Mavness: Thanks for the feedback :thumbs
    And have fun with FSX! :)