1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SIMXPERIENCE stage series with SX3000 controller

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by cpvasconcelos, Aug 26, 2014.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how they would work together, the plugins are different and can conflict each other.
    Not to mention the base code of simtools and bernards programs are different
  2. Mavness

Mavness New Member

Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    I had simx off, but once nothing worked I tried with it turned on also, neither worked. :(

Even spoke with Kevin @ simx today and he says theres no difference with the 3000 and 4000 that would stop simtools from working, its just another output and more power, should work just as the 3000 has. :\

I followed all the tutorials I could, I mean you select SCN and put in axis one and 8 or 10 ms, Ive tried both. Not much to mess up. I hope Im just missing some tiny step that will make it all click.

OH! and thanks for all the replies and help thus far everyone!
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    mm....maybe you might have to uninstall simcommander, delete all plug ins, especially if its required by simcomander to have them installed in the game.
    X-sim (vomits) had the user copy/paste plug in into the respective folders and manually change hardware line of codes.
    I think simcommander, since its based off old x-sim code (bernard will deny it), may have a similar thing happening.
    Could be conflicts.
    Without re-installing windows and wiping everything, try un-installing a game, deleting ALL files, re-install , set up simtools and start again.
  4. Imeleon

Imeleon Member

Construction Engineer
    Balance:
    - 44Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Another dumb question. Did you install Microsoft dot net 4.0.
    I assume you did to make simtools run at all but worth asking.
  5. Mavness

Mavness New Member

Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    It WAS the ports being too high. Its a known issue and I think someone said they are working on it for the next release. Apparently it only reads ports through 10. Mine were 13+. So I got them down to com 1-4 and its perfect! Thank you all for your help in figuring this out. So just to put it in the community pool, the SX4000 does work out the box, and ports cannot be over 10 even though it lets you select it in the software.

Thanks again to all who offered help! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sylvain

sylvain New Member

Balance:
    140Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
  7. sylvain

sylvain New Member

Balance:
    140Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    hi Macka i have a sx3000 with 3 actuator like you but im having a hard time to set the simtool to work great with my game(pcars,AC,rre) i dont know wath im doing wrong...is its possible to send me few screen of the way your are preset for game and your config of simtools....thanks