1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimXperience sc3000

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by Imeleon, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Imeleon

Imeleon Member

Construction Engineer
    Balance:
    - 44Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    I am by no means an expert at this, barely amateur level.
    My settings for my sx3000 in the interface settings are interface 1 com4 and interface 2 com5 output type SCN packet rate 10ms axis 2 for interface 2 and axis 1 for interface 1.
    Yours may differ depending on which com ports your comp is giving to Sx4000.
    It took a bit of playing till mine worked but I can't remember the steps I took to get it going.
    I think it was just not selecting the correct com ports that was my trouble.
    Once they are set correctly the actuators should move backward and forward when you start the game engine again in a test motion.
    This is before any patching of the games is needed I think.
  2. Imeleon

Imeleon Member

Construction Engineer
    Balance:
    - 44Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Have you definitley got the SCN5s not the 6s. Apparently simtools doesn't work yet with SCN6s.
    Only reason I ask is I thought the sx4000 was for running SCN6s.
  3. nclabs

nclabs Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Mavness

Mavness New Member

Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Well Im using the SX4000 from simxperience, so I didnt do any wiring, unless Im totally confused here. Thanks for the quick response!
  5. Mavness

Mavness New Member

Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    It should be this simple, but NOTHING is working for me haha ive tried every port 100 times haha

Thanks for the assistance though!
  6. abs

abs Active Member Gold Contributor

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Hello have you found a solution?
    If you have snc5 . Buy cheap converter RS485-usb in ebay or more expensive 30 bucks each (devantech RS485-usb). for two actuators you need two . Follow the tuto snc5 for the wiring.

dump that box or sell it

after that if you have a licence you can use sim commander 4 with simtools. I use it to run simvibe now (soon accuforce) in conjonction with simtools for motion.

hope it helps a bit
  7. Corporatezombie

Corporatezombie Member SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor

Balance:
    148Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Has anyone put up their settings for the axis assignments for Simtools Game engine for use with simxperience kit. (other than my attempt!). I'd appreciate a link if someone has perfected these!
    I was wondering how you might simulate heave, given that with a simxperience setup you will only really actually have Pitch, Roll, and possibly Yaw (if you have traction loss kit)
    I can understand that you can simulate surge, using pitch. And sway using Yaw. But I've seen some websites talk about simulating Heave using pitch also. I probably just need to read the manual! Lol.
    But if someone has already experimented and found perfection, I'm not one to re-invent the wheel.

Plus what setup did you use for packet rate / speed / acceleration on the SCN interface settings?
    I've noticed that when you TYPE in the box, it doesn't actually register (or let you save settings), you have to use the slider or arrow buttons to set speed and accel.
    I've now set speed to 2197 and accel is still set to 500. With packet rate of 8. Which seems to work pretty smoothly, but probably could go faster.

Note that the getting started guide says set speed to 10! If you set speed to 10 by TYPING it into the box - like I did!- , then it doesn't register and leaves it at 0. Which moves your actuators at hell-a-speed! If you press the arrow button and set speed to 10, you'll be waiting a long time for anything to happen!