1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FPS..Display HZ and vsynch

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by stroutmail, Nov 27, 2014.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You have given us a LOT of information , and we appreciate it.
    I would like to make only one more statement.
    Time to start building a simulator and show us all.
    "put up or shut up"
  2. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    3D would probably only make you better if the field of depth helps you to make more accurate judgements while driving.
    If you have eyes that are sensitive to high frequency flicker, then 3D glasses can tire your eyes. But it is not an issue for most people when at 60hz. However, when 3d is not ghosting or having artifact issues, it does make for an interesting experience. Add Trackir or something like it to the mix, then you will have somewhat the same experience you would with the Oculus Rift.
    And I do see your point about input lag because, form what you posted, it seems it can be quite long. However, if there is one it doesn't appear to be a problem with my lousy driving!
  3. stroutmail

stroutmail Member SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor

Investment Manager/Economist/Engineer
    Balance:
    1,065Coins
    Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    You looked very good in the Watkins Glen video. I am very familiar with that track. Very impressive passing down the front straight. It means you executed the last turn with near perfection.

All the lags do add up and can be an issue if your GPU allows FPS to fall below 60 and your using vsync as it cuts refresh to 30. But most people can avoid that by cutting back on the unnecessary eyecandy.

The biggest issue for iracing is the ping...base pretty much on distance from server. Hopefully they will add some additional servers. I am sure a few Brazilian hot shoes have run into me because of their high ping.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1