1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Resolved Game Manager Closes / Crashes

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by MasterYoda, Oct 7, 2014.

1. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,910Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    We will need to investigate more to find the cuprite.
    To help isolate the issue, please restart the game manager / game engine between game changes.
    This way we know one game does not affect the other.

Next we should tray to test with another game, like can you get a problem with Live for Speed?
    If this has no problems, then we will tray another game of a different output type. (there is 4).
    Once we find the problem if will probably be an easy fix.
    yobuddy
  2. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I can consistently get my Left hand side seat mover motor to Stop working in game, Pop out of game while game is still running, everything is fine in utility but wont work in game, Assetto it crashes the Manager every time you leave when this happens, Simraceway No but again the left hand seat mover motor ceases to function in game, Again check utility and its fine. Almost like its tripping the power supply but Not at the same time, I did hear the USB connect/disconnect sound once while playing so i would assume that's the left hand JRK falling off somehow. ? ? ?
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is the JRK overshooting and stopping perhaps? this can be a problem.
    I recall a feedback disconnect feature in utility in error tab , and I set that to disabled. That allows a bit more overshoot before the JRK tried to pull it back.
    Also if it is consistent crashes, you may need to try having a laptop for motor control, 2 pcs. I have the same problem on my main ride and unless I re-install the whole 'puter (not my idea of fun) ,I use a laptop for jrk control and it stopped many issues. The main gaming pc just boots out the jrk port, despite me re-installing jrk drivers and or manually trying to allocate another port number to it.
    That being said, The dual races are fine (touch wood) and so is my inside PC I used to use for the desk racer. And they are all single pcs.
    Dave.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. frenchfly

frenchfly Member Gold Contributor

Mold Maker
    Balance:
    - 296Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Hmm I might consider getting a cheap laptop for the sake of stability.
  5. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    No overshooting dave, Especially on the seat motor. Traction loss motor, Maybe but didn't prove problematic.

So while testing last night i bumped the Accel power in the utility from 600 (no limit) to 500, and didn't get the left motor shutting down, I did however have my Traction loss motor bolt come loose,(FUC*) and end the test session, Strange thing is in the past when a Power supply is tripped my Fan's shut off but the PS remain's "ON" but with no 12v being put out but everytime the left motor would go down recently The Fan's and supply were all still running fine. So that kinda confuses me. but the fact that going down on the Accel stopped the problem,....Ill take it.

Also why would thing present itself just now and not in the past few month's of playing ?
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dunno! I recall with GRID2 , when the update and DLC pack was added , for some weird reason I was getting massive spikes of motion from some tracks causing mine to shut down as well from time to time. It seemed a fix in the max accell did the trick in stopping this. I think maybe with AC updates, they might affect the plugins data out put. Only a wild guess.
  7. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ok so an evening of screwing around I think i might have traced it back to a dud power supply that is "falling short" on Big impacts, I can swip swap the PS's on the Seat motor's and sure enough i can get either side to fail and cause the manager to Also fail when you exit the track in AC and Exit the game in Simraceway.

So I guess its a PS issue and Not Simtools. :oops::blush

Im going south racing next weekend and said F it and picked up a pair of these, 575w and 47A to 700w and 56A should do the trick. Nice thing is Free Shipping to the US and They will be WELL within my limit of "Duty Free goods" So 20$ for 2 supplies is pretty awesome to me, Lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-DL360-G5...01-/381001054632?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CA:3160
  8. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,910Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    @Nick Moxley ,

Excellent work buddy!
    It's awesome that you found the problem!
    Every build is a bit different, so it can be difficult.
    yobuddy
  9. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Can you tell us if you tested GSC and AC?

So far, it seems to work with F1 2013 and WRC4.

I tested with the old GSC plugin (if the updater really installs the old one, I didn't check), and it didn't change, still same problem! It is a timing think, it closes around a certainly lenght of time, considering I am always testing with the same car and track! :-(

Hope you guys can help us out...

Thank you!
  10. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,463Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    30 minutes of driving Assetto Corsa and no crash of GameManager or GameEngine.
    Another 15 minutes of GSC2012 and no crash of GameManager or GameEngine either.
    All the axes behave as intended.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,910Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    thx @value1! :cheers

Many people have it working without problems, so it seems isolated to a few builds.
    @MasterYoda, what power supply are you using? Maybe your interfaces are shutting down?
    if possible try running with only one motor, see if that works...

yobuddy
  12. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:

ok well now here's the kicker. Umm Today i happen to have a few buddies over for some test laps of the Traction loss, Well...lol So Very first time of buddy being in the seat he wants the Lotus 49 @ monza 66, So with much hesitation due to Never driving the car and questioning What actual Traction loss he will feel on a old lotus on a track with little corner's and what not, He set's off and proceeds to jerk the wheel back and forth Thus Thrusting the car into the wall and consequently flipping the car and causing one of the Seat mover's to stop functioning ( DAMN POWER SUPPLY.........Or is it......)

So that was on a 100% profile on my Numbed down F1 profile, So i say Ok lets start you off at 95%, Sure as shi* Mod cars, Mod track's, VIOLENT and i mean SUPER DUPER WAY more Amp draw on PSU type of crashes than i would EVER put the rig through and wouldn't u know, Simtools kept running Time after time car after car, Crash after crash. So Im now 100% positive this is a Simtools issue and Nothing related to my PSU's.

I further proved the point in running Simraceway at 100% and getting a failure Very Soon in the laps. Turned down the Profile main % level 1% at a time and got to 95% where it would hold with No crashes, I then Proceeded to CRANK UP(or down i should say) my tuning #'s and go WAY beyond the extreme of what i consider normal movement(neck snapping Surge/BALL busting Heave) and Sure enough at 95% it was fine.

Im also being told about a Filter bug that might be part of this issue.

Anything else you would like me to test, Lmk
  13. frankrizzo2

frankrizzo2 Member

Balance:
    603Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I too have the same issue with one side quitting in the middle of a race or in intermission between races on dirt 2 and dirt 3. Thought it was something in my installation of windows and simtools but I re-installed everything from scratch including a fresh install of windows 7 64 bit and I am still having the issue. It's random but most of the time it happens in between a series of races. I have jrk's and 12v gear motors. My power supplies are more than adequate so unless they are defective they shouldn't be an issue.
    I am going to investigate further and I will report what I find.
  14. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:

Try it at 95% or JUST below 100% like 98,97, Somewhere in around there, JUST not 99 or 100% thats what i found to be the problem even with EXCESSIVELY Large inputs the motor's never once quit when it was off 100%
  15. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,910Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    @Nick Moxley , where are you setting the 100%?
    And what filters are you playing with?
    I just need enough info so I know where to look.
    yobuddy
  16. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:

100% in the main game profile editor.

Im not playing with any filter's, I was told to mention the filter bug.

Again last night Variety of cars and track's, Insane Crash moments that would FOR SURE kill a PSU if it was weak, and Not a SINGLE glitch for a good 3-4 hours of racing.
  17. frankrizzo2

frankrizzo2 Member

Balance:
    603Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Thanks for the advise. I was out of town this weekend but I'll try your suggestions tonight and see what kind of results I get.
  18. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,910Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Some people here seem to be having problems with manager while the errors posted talk about engine.
    Could everyone post the interface they are using, maybe we can find a pattern.

@Nick Moxley,
    What filter where? lol
    Are you using JRK's?
    Will you please set the axis limiters to 90% and then set the main game profiler to back to 100 and see what happens.
    My guess is the by using the main game profiler below 100, it is keeping the axis from over-extending. So a little axis limiting would fix this.
    anyway, please try and report.

@MasterYoda ,
    Could you change the SCN output to a single UDP output (sending anything into space).
    I just want to see if we can track down where the problem is.
    Then run it again and let me know what happens...
    (I know masteryoda is using scn5's)

yobuddy
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi! yodubby, thanks for the feedback I will try it out tonite.

I previously reported that it was working with WRC4, but it isn't I had the same issue last time I checked.

As for Nick's off 100% tip, I have most of my profiles at 90% or below... so, I don't think that will help me out! :-(
  20. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Yobuddy,
    Just did the test with no SCN configured, sending motion to nowhere, same issue, Game Manager closes after few minutes of game play! :-(
    So, I guess it is not the SCN interface then?

upload_2014-10-16_22-13-2.png