1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
yobuddy

Motion Simulation Software SimTools SimTools v2.6.1

SimTools Release Version

1. carloscasas

carloscasas Member

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -0
    Hi again

With IRACING, the heave is always off by 1g.

With other simulators is 0g.

It could be an option in plugin that when one person select IRACING, the simtools or plugin subtracts 1 to this value?

Or a checkbox in the simtools software?

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience, but it's a detail very important to work with a 2DOF or 4DOF motion system.

Cheers
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is probably information that is not relevant.
    Simtools is written to give more feeling than other software. I found in the beginning that I tried to compare it to x-sim and tried to calculate forces in a similar way that you are attempting.
    After much testing, I found that actually feeling the force and adjusting it gave me a better motion that trying to calculate it . And thats across 3 different configurations of 2 DOF.
    It may pay , if you are setting a base setup for your simulators, that perhaps you build the 2DOF and 4DOF that you are going to sell and actually test them and set motion. And if you need to adjust it, then allow that in the software.
    You may need to actually set the "1g off " by actually testing it on the frames you have in mind to sell.
    Just my point of view.
    Cheers, David.
  3. carloscasas

carloscasas Member

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -0
    But the problem is this :
    -In IRACING, if you have the car stopped, the axis 1 and 2 aren't in neutral position. These axis are higher, because the g-force Vertical is 1g in standby. I would need that the 2 axis were in neutral position.

Cheers
  4. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Not sure what you have done wrong in the setup mate, mine running 2x JRK12v12 , at start sit perfectly centred and if you stop on track depending on the camber or incline/decline of the track will depend what angle the sim sits at. Yes I use Iracing too.
  5. carloscasas

carloscasas Member

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -0
    Really? I will test it.
  6. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Sounds like internal windup of the target happening in the Ard, typical issue they can have.
  7. galapablo

galapablo New Member

Balance:
    - 8Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor
    Tengo problemas para descargarlo, me dice que finalizo la descarga pero cuando lo quiero descomprimir me dice que espera un archivo de finalización. gracias
  8. carloscasas

carloscasas Member

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -0
    A mí me lo descarga bien.
  9. patritti

patritti simracer

composite race car parts manufacturing
    Balance:
    516Coins
    Ratings:
    +61 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    i have SCN6 . i think it is the same kind of connection as SCN5
    simtools only give my the option of COM7
    also just to test simtools Software do you need to have any hardware connect to you pc ?
    if you only want to test iracing with virtual axis . i have the iracing plugin patch in .
    i start iracing . game manager is blue and running . but none of the virtual slider are moving .
  10. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yes you need to have the axis setup or there will be no output to the virtual axis, no axis set no output.
  11. Flyx

Flyx New Member

Technician
    Balance:
    418Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Please help .I want to download Simtools but download starts and stop with error "failed"
  12. gil320

gil320 New Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    Hi René

I'm trying to setup game engine with my SCN5 , but so far after interface setting and after saving speed 10000 and acceleration 500 and restart the game engine both values is showing 0 again, when i try the output test after clicked turn on the slide doesn't move my actuators, i tryed on windows 7 windows 8 and windows xp , but same problem. My system is working with Lince Logykal and BFF motion but i'd like to use Xsim as it is supporting a lot of games, is there any one had such issue ?
  13. gil320

gil320 New Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    I'm trying to setup game engine with my SCN5 , but so far after interface setting and after saving speed 10000 and acceleration 500 and restart the game engine both values is showing 0 again, when i try the output test after clicked turn on the slide doesn't move my actuators, i tryed on windows 7 windows 8 and windows xp , but same problem. My system is working with Lince Logykal and BFF motion but i'd like to use Xsim because it is supporting a lot of games, is there anyone that had similar issue ?
  14. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    easy solution.
    Ask any of developers in pm to check ur PC via teamwiever to find out what setting is wrong, perhaps it helps.
  15. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
  16. gil320

gil320 New Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    Thank you Historiker and René

(SimTools , simtools , game engine not working with SCN5)

I asked René but as he doesn't have the SCN5 I had to trouble shooting my system

I found that every time i do a setup at the SCN5 serial port speed 10000 and acceleration 500 the Game engine ask to restart but the value was just stored in one axis and i had to manually edit C:\Users\UserName \AppData\Local\SimTools\GameEngine\Config\InterfaceAssignments1_SCN.cfg and beside taht after restart the Game Engine it was not communicating with the USB RS485 adapter hopefully my USB RS485 have a red and a blue light to show two way communication and after I removed and reconnected the USB RS485 and reset the SCN5 power supply , after restart the Game Engine the actuator start to move, it did takes long time to figured this out, this happened with Windows 7, Windows 8 and XP hopefully I have 3 computers to test it and to resume the troble shooting that i have done to make this Game engine working on my system i had to manual edit the acceleration and speed at the .cfg file , restart my SCN5 power supply and remove e reconnect my USB RS485 adapter then restart the Game engine on this sequence my actuator is working now.
  17. gil320

gil320 New Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    Hi Balles ,

Have a look at my post because I had some problem about to put my SCN5 to work after a lot of tests now is working
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. patritti

patritti simracer

composite race car parts manufacturing
    Balance:
    516Coins
    Ratings:
    +61 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    after many week of testing and tweaking . simtools is now compatible with scn6 Actuators .
    tested my rig . with simtools . an compare with my other motion software .simcraft . simxperience . with the same rig and hardware . definitly simtools is on par with my other comercial software . but you can tell simtools run faster.
    all the motions run very fast and accurate . and no need to use any smoothing filter . simtools run smooth out of the box . also to mention i can now mix ac and dc motor with CNC5 and 6 . who is not possible with the other comercial softwares
    Again Thank you very much to
    yobuddy for making SCN6 compatible with, the wonderful motion software .
    aslo thx to eaorobbie and bsft for some help with simtools guide . and technical assistance .

Regards PAT DSC_0022.JPG Image 48.jpg
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    yobuddy updated Motion Simulation Software SimTools with a new update entry:

SimTools v1.3

Read the rest of this update entry...
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    To Update to v1.3, simply install v1.3 over your current version.
    yobuddy
    • Like Like x 1