1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Start building flight simulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by coldzik, Sep 7, 2014.

1. coldzik

coldzik New Member

Balance:
    353Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

At start sorry for my english because this isn't my native language...

I want build my first motion flight simulator. Most important for me is pitch and roll so i start looking projects where these two parameters would be the most highlighted and i found a few projects with pvc pipes and 2 engines like this:

This project type isn't popular on forum and i have a few questions:
    - Why PVC pipes construction isn't popular? These are cheap and easy to construction
    - What engine's would be recomended on that projects. Is wipers engines enought to do this? I want create my first motion simulator on budged.
    - Toughness of PVC pipes is sufficient ? My weight is 130kg so this isn't small :)

Thanks all
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I used PVC for a full frame race sim a while ago, mind you , I only weigh 85 kg, but it withstood 120 kg driver no problem
    pvc2.jpg
    A joyrider should be sturdy enough for your weight, use PN18 rating, thickest possible and you may still need to strengthen the frame with steel though
    with yours, use larger motors like these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GEAR-MOT...LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51bed470a3&_uhb=1 , they have plenty of torque and with a pulley system or actuator design, they would move you.
    Id suggest the Pololu JRK for motor control, one per motor
    http://www.pololu.com/product/1393
    Cheers, Dave.
  3. Igor1357

Igor1357 Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Я теперь также выбрать платформу, но эти проекты, которые я видел не внушают доверия. В то время как в сборке, и по цене дешевле. Я все еще склоняется к этой конструкции
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Igor1357

Igor1357 Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Хотел вложить в него фотографии, что то не получилось, попробуйт[​IMG]е еще раз
    • Like Like x 2
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    english please or use a translator
    • Like Like x 1
  6. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm... the above video was made by me using Ian's BFF 3DOF motion software. Make sure the motion controller electronics you choose to use are compatible with all motion software solutions... just to warn you... in case you need to play racing games as well with simtools.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Igor1357

Igor1357 Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    I live in Ukraine and I know English is still very weak, so of course I use a translator. But I'm working on it.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Igor1357

Igor1357 Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    У меня вот двигатели.[​IMG] [​IMG] Я хочу использовать ИХ С Платформы.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Igor1357

Igor1357 Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Привод думаю сделать вот такой. [​IMG] или [​IMG] что бы достичь комфорт тренажере платформы.

Attached Files:

10. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, maybe you want to make a more balanced frame for your motors, and a lower COG to get the max angles for flight sim.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wipers will struggle to lift that design, either mount the wipers so they connect to the shoulder up high to overcome weight issues, or look at bigger motors , like a 12v 200 watt 60:1 , 100:1 gearbox motors, or if your brave enough , as Thanos shows in his photo , 240v motors.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Igor1357

Igor1357 Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    I realized that even for a balanced 2 DOF, my motors are weak?
  13. Igor1357

Igor1357 Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Друзья просьба дать информацию о электродвигателя переменного тока.
  14. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Because its not balanced, then even if you balance it you will still need some power to move your cockpit and screens along.

15. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think you can find some information here:

edit: Links were censored... too hot for this forum... lol
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  16. Igor1357

Igor1357 Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Я думаю, что лучше построить контроллер AMC1280USB, подключите его к X-Plane и корректировать сервоприводы, а затем полномасштабная кабины.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,460Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    • I would like to mention an aspect, which is important for me personally:
    While fiddling with 230V AC can kill me, 12 V won't.
    • Another aspect we face – at least here in Switzerland – is that any 230 V installation must be checked and approved by a certified electrician. Maybe for the first aspect I mentioned.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Off course you need electrician... for the electrical box... The rest is just like plugging the power cord of your computer to the wall outlet :p

I don't think anyone want to do the electrical box by himself, rather hiring a licensed electrician:
    censored link
    censored link

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  19. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can build an AMC if you like, however and arduino would do a similar job
    You design will work with 12v motors, but you would need to re-design the platform with better motor placement.
    Like the pvc build I pictured, move the motor connections a lot higher up like I suggested to overcome COG.
    Its not difficult, you could have motors connections higher up on the sides and use 12v 200 watt worm gear motors with 60:1 or 100:1 gearboxes or boat winch motors.
    And as @value1 says, when you work with 240v, its a whole new ball park of danger if not done correctly.
    Thanks thanos for the guidance you listed.
    Up to you of course which way you go.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/vfds-and-3phase-motors-faq-corner.5015/
    • Funny Funny x 1