1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Help me

Discussion in 'Flight Simulator X' started by silmar, Sep 2, 2014.

1. silmar

silmar New Member

Balance:
    - 78Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hi people,
    I bought a cabin for two people on board, but nothing has 2dof eletric parts. what I need to play with FSX?
    I have no manual and the person who built not finished the project
    thank you

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. silmar

silmar New Member

Balance:
    - 78Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    may be a wiper motor? i've two local to install it
  3. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Im not confident a wiper will hold that much weight once in motion, but if you have one to play with then worth a try.
    The only other setup I have seen simular to this uses a chain driven by a big worm gear motor to control the roll and pitch.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. silmar

silmar New Member

Balance:
    - 78Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Thanks Eaorobbie for your reply. I've a Arduino mega and two wiper motors, this is all what I have.
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Agreed with @eaorobbie , wipers will break . You will need big worm gear motors with chain drive or boat winch motors with chain drive.
  6. silmar

silmar New Member

Balance:
    - 78Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Thanks for the reply BSFT, I checked that all the mechanics are lightweight because they are made with various bearings, as I already have these wiper motors, I would try, but do not know how to connect the Arduino nor in FSX
  7. silmar

silmar New Member

Balance:
    - 78Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    inside cabin

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,568Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Some guys sure love their “big worm gear motors”! Funny thing though is that when I googled that the only exact match returns me back to this site! And that thread has a dead link at the top now to the gear motors referred to. Why you expect new members to know what you are talking about when you constantly refer to big worm gear motors is beyond me. Since the ones I like to use have 4 times the power of the ones you use I guess I should start referring to them as MEGA worm gear motors so you big worm gear motor guys know what the heck I’m talking about! Lol.

Ps I tried however could not resist a little ranting today! :p But maybe you could at least replace the dead link in the top of this post with a new working one for new members that don’t have a clue what you are talking about if they decide they need to google it too. http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/2dof-redesigned-big-worm-gear-motor-sim.3640/

@silmar You may want to research using MEGA worm gear motors too since it appears you will have a lot of inertia to overcome. (FYI 825watts at 68rpm)

Edit: Since you can't "read" my state of mind above all I mean by this is to poke a little fun!
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    done @BlazinH , apologies.
    As for your motors, they are more "nuclear power" in my books.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    @BlazinH And strong but too slow for me to consider use for a race rig.

Ok back on subject @silmar.
    Ok if not much force is needed to pull and push the gimbals around their axis then the wiper will do the job.
    Be worth starting and seeing if even by putting different size gearing on and chains to pull and push the gimbals even lessens the forces that you require.
    You really need to do some tests and start with the wipers, can always upgrade later to big worm, or mega (nuke) worm gear motors if needed.
    At least you can start with something cheap to get the ball rolling.

You have a mega , so the controllers covered that leads to 4 different codes you can use, my recommendation is
    http://www.xsimulator.net/community...3dof-motor-driver-and-windows-utilities.4957/
    for reasoning it has a nicely written app and plenty if information in the post on how to use and wire and what h bridges to pick.

All go mate, lets see that rig rock and roll, btw looks sweet inside, love it , cool.
  12. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -0
    we should open a topic with only links for motors and a small comment on it, since sourcing motors is maybe one of the hardest and most important parts.... (i say hardest when you are outside us or australia)

best regards

fer
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. silmar

silmar New Member

Balance:
    - 78Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello, you really nailed exactly what I needed to know. this link explains everything. about the wipers, I will use what I have, if not goes well I'll find other wipers I will love you forever
    thanks for all
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,568Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Yes @eaorobbie they have a slower rpm than the big worm gear motors you use! However, with over 4 times the power of the “big” ones, you can use over 4 times the lever length with them too. Since the speed of the Mega/Nuke is 1/3 that of the “big” but the power is 4 times, the actually speed obtainable when compared to the “big” at the same torque output is around 68 x 4 = 272 rpm so they can actually be faster than you use! However, you can’t use the Jrk with them and with a longer lever you add a lot more stress to the gears. The gears are all steel though but I haven’t tested them at that speed. Since I use mine to move my chair from the bottom, not the top, I don’t need a long lever but instead use the extra power to overcome the higher torque required with a lower mounting point. Since I asked for a link to the “bigs” here is a current link to the “Mega/nuke” I use too (but they only ship to US). http://www.ebay.com/itm/TARP-MOTOR-...her_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item20e95a0853&vxp=mtr

(Note: If anyone intends to try these I highly recommend you weld your lever on the shaft and don't try to use the bolt holes that run thru the shaft in order to eliminate any extra "play" that may be added into the system due to a loose lever)

Good idea @ferslash! Why don’t you start up a thread yourself with the first entry since it’s your idea!;)
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  15. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its been done several times already.........no I am not going to search for the threads.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @BlazinH , thanks for the link on the motors. Nuke power for sure!
  17. silmar

silmar New Member

Balance:
    - 78Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Good morning friends, I realized that there are two settings to control the wiper motor, which board is strongest if I need use another motor?
    thanks.

13236-c50d86d1baecd26fab1d1b42e4483f94.jpg 13237-6bfaf816ca0b757e767d8be652d49512.jpg
    anybody know which board is strongest?
  18. silmar

silmar New Member

Balance:
    - 78Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    cabin

caipira.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. silmar

silmar New Member

Balance:
    - 78Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    how can I get the arduino code for 2dof?
  20. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    Nice rig, It looks to be built like a battle ship and with all those electronic from the photos and two people on board the inertia would be huge. Even if you geared down the wiper motors greatly with a chain drive, it may lag the game data so much that it may be unusable. Also nylon worm gears would not last very long. No harm trying, but I would be planning on using at least a 'Mega' motor, maybe two on each axis.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014