1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

the billo's sim 2dof

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by billo2404, Jul 7, 2014.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ive been through 14 designs and from the start @eaorobbie told me to balance them right. I did. The only time I used springs and they were light duty , was to create a light load on the wipers because the gears kept being chewed out from backlash. That light spring load stopped that. It saved a $10 wiper.
    Actuators will be done sometime, again, they are in @eaorobbie hands and he is waiting for time to work on them.
    They should work out at about $400 each to build, less electronics.
  2. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    Potebbero andar bene questi???
    Senza Feedback http://www.robotstore.it/department/67/Attuatori-Lineari-senza-Feedback.html
    Con Feedback http://www.robotstore.it/department/69/Attuatori-Lineari-CON-Feedback.html
    se e si quale? per piacere ditemi il codice del motore ;) ho visto che alcuni fanno da 1,3 cm/s e altri fino 1,6 cm/s e altri ancora 4,3 cm/s

Caused by them may be good these ???
    Without Feedback http://www.robotstore.it/department/67/Attuatori-Lineari-senza-Feedback.html
    With Feedback http://www.robotstore.it/department/69/Attuatori-Lineari-CON-Feedback.html
    and if so what is it? please tell me the code of the engine ;) I have seen some that are 1.3 cm / s and the other to 1.6 cm / s and still others 4,3 cm/s
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  3. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    none would be quick enough for a race sim , loose all the fine vibrations.
    Best way would be to acquire some old units cheaply and mod them with a faster motor and new gearing to bring the speeds up,
    Min 20cm/s nice and strong at 43cm /s is the figures I would be aiming for.
  4. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I thought I had found the solution engine for my sim :(

@eaorobbie You say such an amendment?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Be buggered , I was about to post the video too, you beat me too it @-kevin- all that's needed is a pot to be added.
    My recommendation for a cheap easy DIY actuator find some cheap even motor blown units on ebay and mod them to the speed you want. And still be able to drive them with a sabertooth K8055 configuration. I would also advise on using limit switches too.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    potrebbero andare bene questi er le varie mod?
    sono motori di biciclette elettriche a 24 volt, ci sono di varie potenze e voltaggio.
    Questo da 24v 500w potrebbe andar bene per la sabertooth 2x12?
    http://www.ebay.it/itm/MOTORE-ELETT...7159?pt=Mini_Moto_Ricambi&hash=item43ccb70c67

could fit these er various mod?
    e-bikes have engines at 24 volts, there are various power and voltage.
    24v 500w this might work for the sabertooth 2 x 12?
    http://www.ebay.it/itm/MOTORE-ELETT...7159?pt=Mini_Moto_Ricambi&hash=item43ccb70c67
  7. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    :grin

Credo che alla fine se calcolo il costo degli attuatori più i motori più modificarli questa soluzione per me non va bene. Questa soluzione secondo me va bene per chi possiede già degli attuatori vecchi... tipo quelli per i letti motorizzati negli ospedali o poltrone elettriche.

@billo2404 non credo che vanno bene i motori dei monopattini con sabertooth 2x12 assorbono 20A un solo motore però aspettiamo risposta da un esperto

:grin
    I think in the end if I calculate the cost of the actuators plus the engines modify this solution for me is not good. The solution in my opinion is good for those who already have the actuators old ... like those for motorized beds in hospitals or electric chair.

@billo2404 do not think are good engines for scooters with sabertooth 2x12 20A absorb only one engine but expect answer from an expert
  8. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    [QUOTE

@ billo2404 do not think are good engines for scooters with sabertooth 2x12 20A absorb only one engine but expect answer from an expert[/QUOTE]

Be, ce ne sono di diverse potenze, quello postato è 24v 500w ma c'è anche 24v 350w che se il calcolo fatto ieri è giusto assorbe la metà, cioe 350/24=14,5 ... potremmo starci no:think
    aspettiamo conferma dai veterani che è meglio :grin:grin:grin

Well, there are several powers, that posted is 24v 500w but there's also 24v 350w that if the calculation did yesterday is just absorbs half, i.e. 350/2=14,5.. we may stand :think
    aspettiamo confirmation by veterans who is better :grin:grin:grin
  9. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    nessuno sa aiutarmi a capire fino a che potenze posso spingermi con la sabertooth 2 x 12????
    Sia a 12V che a 24V e quale conviene????:(
    AIUTO...mi sveglio di notte tutto sudato con l'immagine della mia sabertooth che fuma :confused::eek::oops::grin

No one knows help me understand until I can take powers with the sabertooth 2 x 12????
    Both 12V and 24V and what should????:(
    Help ... I wake up at night all sweaty with the image of my sabertooth smoking :confused::eek::oops::grin
  10. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    in attesa dei consigli sul motore da utilizare con la sabertooth 2 x 12 ho cercato di capire come migliorare l' efficenza della struttura per diminuire lo sforzo dei motori e ecco quello che ho elaborato studiando sul baricentro e COG specificando che il COG è la proiezione a terra del baricentro.
    Data la complessità dell' argomento non tradurrò il post in inglese per non rischiare errori di comprensione dovuti al traduttore, ma ognuno potrà tradurre copiando e incollando con il traduttore che ritiene più opportuno e che darà il risultato migliore.
    Cominciamo

waiting for advice on the engine to use with the sabertooth 2 x 12 I tried to figure out how to improve the efficiency of the structure to reduce engine stress and here is what I developed while studying on CG and COG specifying that the COG is the projection on the ground of centre of gravity.Given the complexity of the argument I'll translate the post in English to avoid errors of understanding due to the translator, but each one can translate by copying and pasting with the translator sees fit and that will give the best results.
    Let's start

ecco innanzitutto la situazione attuale del mio sim, solo base
    Cattura3.PNG

e base+sim con ipotetico baricentro
    Cattura4.PNG

ecco ora la situazione di equilibrio con inlinazione di 0 gradi dove il baricentro cade in corrispondenza del COG (centro di gravità) cioè quello che troviamo sedendosi sul sim con il solito manico di scopa sotto al sim e fin qui tutto è semplice
    Cattura.PNG

i problemi iniziano quando il nostro simulatore inizia ad inclinarsi e al momento di dover tornare in posizione i nostri poveri motori soffrono le pene dell' inferno ed ecco il perchè:
    Ipotizzando un inclinazione di 15 ed un altezza ipotetica del baricentro "X" avremo che questo cade ad olte 10cm di distanza dal COG che abbiamo a 0 gradi, quindi avremo che il sim peserà in avanti con una forza direttamente proporzionale a questa distanza essendo la forza una grandezza vettoriale.
    Cattura1.PNG
    situazione analoga per l' inclinazione all' indietro
    Cattura2.PNG

ora ho cercato di ridurre il più possibile la distanza tra baricentro e giunto cardanico ipotizzando questa modifica
    Cattura5.PNG

la parte sporgente andrà a finire davanti al sedile e non dara alcun fastidio in quella posizione, questo è il risultato
    Cattura6.1.PNG

Cattura6.PNG

e qui quello che succede con questa modifica a livello di fisica

Cattura7.PNG

Cattura8.PNG

Cattura9.PNG

ora se ho considerato tutto per bene avremo aumentato la potenza dei nostri motori di 1,77 volte (103/58=1,77) e tutto ciò senza neanche cambiare un filo :grin:thumbs
    Spero questo studio possa essere utile a qualcuno
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nice design.
    15 degree of travel from centre is a LOT. You may find it too much though, but give it s shot.
  12. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    vero...15 gradi sono tanti, ma era una misura esempio giusto per dimostrare l' effetto della modifica.
    Sei d'accordo con il mio ragionamento???
    comunque vorrei costruirmi 2 attuatori dei quali sto perfezionando il progetto che usero prima sul 2dof e poi sul 6dof se funzionano bene, quindi potrei anche tentare di spingermi ad angolazioni alte, altrimenti non ha senso IMHO muovere tutto, pedali, volante e monitor :think

true ...15 degrees are many, but it was an example, just to show the effect of changing.
    Do you agree with my reasoning???
    However I would like to build actuators 2 of which I'm perfecting the project that I first and then on 6dof 2dof if they work well, so I might as well try to go at high angles, otherwise it makes no sense IMHO move everything, pedals, steering wheel and monitor :think
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can use as much or as little movement as you like.
    Motion simulation is a mind trick. The idea is a good profile and immersion.
    Its been discussed before and some people - companies think giant movements recreates motion. It doesnt really.
    This video of a force Dynamics 401 sim

shows a proper written profile with the right motion set. This is good for immersion.
    On the other hand

This is bad, sure it looks impressive, but it doesnt recreate car motion, it just throws you around.
    A friend of mine insisted I build him a sim with 20 deg movement, 10 deg up from centre (you are looking at 15 deg from centre)
    Once he got that, it took him a week to half the actual motor travel as he found it too much and too unrealistic. But that was just him.
    Again up to you what you would like to do.
    Prove us wrong!
  14. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    sante parole bsft, qui però si ritorna sulla discussione se è meglio simulare il comportamento dell' auto o simulare la forza g e qui come sappiamo ci sono 2 diverse correnti di pensiero.
    Non sono io che può dire quale sia meglio anche perchè non le ho provate personalmente.
    Sicuramente il mio sim punta più a riprodurre la forza g (anche se so che nelle migliori delle ipotesi siamo molto lontani dai valori reali) ma forse perchè all'inizio tutto il progetto mi stuzzicava di più e non perche credo che sia migliore.
    Non escludo che un giorno con componenti di recupero mi prenda voglia di costruirmi un sim con solo il sedile in movimento perche se fatto bene credo che possa restituire belle sensazioni

Holy words but here bsft returns to debate whether it is better to simulate the behavior of the car or simulate the strength g and here as we know there are 2 different currents of thought.
    I can not say which is better because I have not personally tested.
    Definitely my most sim playing the g force (although I know that in the best case scenario we are very far from the real values) but perhaps because at the beginning the whole project more stuzzicava me and not because I think it's better.
    I do not exclude that someday with components of recovery I take to build a sim with only the moving seat because if done right I think can return belle sensations
  15. mugge66

mugge66 Member

Balance:
    167Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    My thoughts on move is, My simulator can do alot of move sideways and back and forward. but playing for an hour or two it can be to much motion. mine simu is set with less movement that gives me more feeling of how the cars behave on track and more joy.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    molto probabilmete è come dici tu @mugge66 , infatti la maggior parte dei sim non fanno movimenti esagerati. Io per il momento non voglio esprimermi su qualcosa che non ho ancora provato per bene.
    Nel progetto cerco comunque di raggiungere inclinazioni importanti anche perchè così la sfida progettuale è più divertente :grin, poi sicuramente limiterò l'escursione in fase di taratura.
    é comunque una soddisfazione riuscire a raggiungere pieghe importanti con motori piccoli, significa che il progetto è buono

very probably it is as you say @mugge66, in fact most of the sim are not exaggerated movements. I do not want to comment on something that I have not yet tried it for good.In seeking to achieve important inclinations because the design challenge is more fun,:grin then surely will the calibration stage tour. it is a satisfaction to reach important folds with small engines, it means that the project is good
  17. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    What I tend to do when tuning the games MIN and Max in the GameEngine I set my forces Surge,Heave,Sway to be short and snappy as in a low min and max and set my roll and pitch (which is the ground) with a lot more fluid motion as in a higher Min Max. This allows for the feel of the road and a balanced feeling of the forces going on at the same time , so 15 deg overall will be cools as, you can always change the amount you use , better to have too much than to go wish I had a bit more, bugger.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ok on motors with Sabertooth 2x12

[QUOTE/] Out of the box, the Sabertooth can supply two DC brushed motors with up to 12A each. Peak currents of 25A are achievable for a few seconds.
    Overcurrent and thermal protection means you'll never have to worry about killing the driver with accidental stalls or by hooking up too big a motor.
    [/QUOTE]

Ok so if we were running 12v motors that means 144W to 300W max , 200W will be fine if running a fan on top of the sabertooth. Cooling is the trick in running a little bigger motor.
    Ok not sure if the same principle follows with 24V motor but they say it can run them as information they provide on their site on amp output is at 18V so safe to say, I think 10amp - 20amp peaks on 24v.
    So 24V motor would be in the range of 240W - 480W , so the 500W units you were looking at would be the MAX the 2x12 will handle but a decent fan and additional heatsinks would be needed , 300-350w would be my choice.

Hope that helps.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    grazie @eaorobbie, 350 24v era proprio il motore verso cui mi ero orientato.
    Domani proverò a chiedere le caratteristiche precise per capire la coppia e vediamo se posso utilizzarli per costruire i primi 2 attuatori :thumbs

Thanks @eaorobbie, 350 24v was the engine to which I was directed.
    Tomorrow I will try to ask the precise characteristics in order to understand the couple and see if I can use them to build the first 2 actuators:thumbs
  20. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ottimo lavoro @billo2424 i tuoi disegni saranno utili a molte persone. :thumbs

Per quanto riguarda il discorso dei movimenti io sono del parere di quello che dice @eaorobbie : che devono essere brevi e veloci quello che farebbe un auto da corsa realmente però sul movimento della strada di movimenti più morbidi non sono tanto d'accordo... perchè se si parla di formula 1 oppure corse di auto GT vanno anche bene perchè le strade asfaltate non danno grossi scossoni ma se si parla di Rally io preferisco sentire anche le disconnessioni delle strade abbastanza forti su sterrato ed avevo personalizzato dei profili su questo aspetto e ce molta differenza tra sentire le vibrazioni sullo sterrato e sentirle appena. Il sim diventa molto nervoso e rumoroso ma il divertimento è assicurato ;)

Great job @ billo2424 your designs will be useful to many people. :thumbs
    As for the talk of the movements I am of the opinion that says @eaorobbie: to be short and quick what would a race car but really on the road movement of movements softer not so much agree ... because if we talk about formula 1 racing car or GT also go well because the roads do not give major shocks but if you talk to Rally I prefer to hear the disconnections strong enough on dirt roads and I had custom profiles on this aspect and there much difference between feeling the vibrations in the dirt and just hear them. The sim gets very nervous and noisy but fun is guaranteed ;)
    • Like Like x 1