1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom Sim Project - Kevin Stage 2 [SOLD]

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by -kevin-, May 22, 2012.

1. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    Re: Blue Sim Racing - 2DOF Wiper Motors

Thanks agil 24

You do not have the program you just need to connect K8055 VM110 hello

@Thanks dervatter

see if you can help this photo

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  2. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Re: Sim Racing-2DOF K8055+Sabertooth 2x12 Wiper Motors-Stage 2

UPDATE 01/08/2012

Hello to all

I took some time to work on my sim and I still have much work to do

Work carried out:

Replaced hub central joint (the first was noisy)

Replaced with a racing seat

Added belts OMP racing

Painted the whole structure

Changed the pedals

Replaced gear knob

Added articulated arms for horizontal oscillation

Added aluminum in the structure

Here are some other photos I add them in the main post

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  3. zecaEU01

zecaEU01 New Member

Balance:
    453Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Sim Racing Project - 2DOF K8055+Sabertooth 2x12 -Stage 2

bom dia Kevin você poderia tirar uma duvida para mim:

voce fala que esta usando a VM110N (K8055N) eu comprei a K8055+Sabertooth2X12A será que eu terei problemas no funcionamento do simulador.

Vou me apresentar a todos:
    Sou Brasileiro 56 anos de uma cidade do interior de São Paulo e estou montando um simulador, a estrutura em perfil aluminio, banco de corrida, pedais e volante G27 (estara chegando no futuro) sou novato e agradeceria muito a ajudas de todos, eu gostaria de ajudar no que for possivel fui mecanico de corridas por muitos aqui no Brasil (stockcar) agora estou aposentado por motivos de saude (coração está ficando velho). desculpe meu ingles eu tenho pouco conhecimento (uso um tradutor)
    saude a todos
    ZECA

Kevin good morning you could take a doubt for me:

tells you that using VM110N (K8055N) I bought the K8055 + Sabertooth2X12A will be that I will have problems operating the simulator.

I'll introduce myself to everyone:
    I am 56 years of Brazilian city of São Paulo and am riding a simulator, the structure in aluminum profile, racing seat, pedals and steering wheel G27 ('ll be coming in the future) I'm beginner and would greatly appreciate the assistance of all, I would to help in any way possible I was racing mechanic for many here in Brazil (stockcar) now I'm retired for reasons of health (heart is getting old). sorry my english I have little knowledge (use a translator)
    Health for all
    ZECA
  4. robcoll

robcoll Member

Balance:
    305Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Very Well Done ..!!! and Very Well Done Explained...I have been looking for that step by step build and you just nailed...from hardware to software from wiring to hardware specs.... I am really impress with your ability to build and never the less ...to your ability explained with all details..I Am a newbie for building motion platforms.... Im a individual that need theory and practice all in one ...most of the forum you most reads hundreds of pages and nonsense's to get an Idea of how to start a project specially for newbies....I just registered on this forum looking for an answer and found your post... you answered all my question one after another.....CONGRATS.....Kevin...thks
  5. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Hello robcoll thanks for the compliments :cheers:

In practice, the aim was that you said to help all the people calling for the first time on simulators forum and want to build their own (with my own configuration) simulator.
    This happened to me and I found it difficult to read hundreds of posts and see me at the end of the confused than before .... and so my aim was to build me a simulator but also Simplifying the lives of novices. ;D

Many people just take and give nothing and are not used even say a simple thank you .... I did not want to say but unfortunately so!

It is I who thank you for robcoll appreciated the work and to have understood the meaning of my post! :highfive:

Hello Kevin :hi:
  6. Frankje

Frankje New Member

Balance:
    - 19Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Salve a tutti del forum !
    Innanzitutto complimenti a tutti voi per la grande competenza dimostrata nel cercare, realizzare, sperimentare tantissime idee nel creare ottime postazioni di simulatori di guida e in tutti i consigli che date per aiutare le persone come me meno competenti in materia ! :clap:
    E' tanto che vi seguo e finalmente mi sono deciso a far parte del forum perchè anche io vorrei realizzare la postazione con i motori.
    Ho visto la relizzazione di kevin e devo dire che hai fatto un ottimo lavoro e tante migliorie con il tempo. Ora mi sono deciso e vorrei inziare a realizzare il telaio, per poi passare alla parte 'elettrica'.
    Cosi prima di inziare a tagliare, saldare etc.. :happy: Volevo fare delle domande a kevin riguardo il telaio ;
    1) le 'barre' che collegano i due motori al telaio, dove lei hai acquistate? Oppure le hai fatte tu?
    2) dove si acquistano i 'terminali' che sono alla fine delle barre dove presumo all'interno ci sia una sfera per fare ruotare i giunti? (come si chiamano?)
    3) Perchè la barra che parte dalla base posteriore del sedile (dove poi sono agganciate le due barre dei motori) è regolabile? Non credo ci sia lapossibilità di alzare o abbassare perchè dietro è collegata ai motori? sbaglio?
    4) che ferro hai usato? intendo la misure. Per rendere scorrevoli (telescopici) 30x30 accoppiato a 25x25?
    5) dove si trovano i tappi di plastica che servono per chiudere i tubi?
    6) il bottone di stacco motori dove si compra?

Scusa se ti ho inviato una raffica di domande ma prima di inziare vorrei essere sicuro di riuscire a trovare tutto il necessario!!

Spero in una tuo risposta kevin ! ;D

:clap: :clap:

Hello Forum!
    First of all congratulations to all of you for the great expertise shown in the search, create, experiment with many ideas to create excellent spots of driving simulators and all the advice you give to help people like me less competent!
    It 'so that I follow and I finally decided to join the forum because I too would like to make the seat with the engine.
    I saw kevin made and I must say you've done a great job and a lot of improvements over time. Now I have decided to set me up and I would like to make the frame, then move on to the 'power'.
    So before starting to cut, weld, etc. .. :I wanted to ask questions about kevin to the frame;
    1) the 'bars' that connect the motors to the frame where you have purchased? Or did you made it?
    2) where can I buy the 'terminal' that are at the end of the bars where guess inside there is a ball to rotate the joints? (what are they called?)
    3) Why the bar from the base of the rear seat (where they are hooked rods of the two motors) is adjustable? I do not think is possible to raise or lower back because it is connected to the motors? mistake?
    4) that iron did you use? I mean the measures. To make sliding (telescopic) coupled 30x30 to 25x25?
    5) where they are plastic plugs that are used to close the pipes?
    6) button detachment engines where you buy it?

Sorry if I sent a barrage of questions but before starting I would like to be sure i can find everything i need!

I am hoping for your reply Kevin!
  7. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Innanzitutto grazie dei complimenti e scusa se rispondo in ritardo...causa lavoro!!spero che non è troppo tardi ;D

1) le 'barre' che collegano i due motori al telaio, dove lei hai acquistate? Oppure le hai fatte tu?

Sono barre filettate interne e tubi in acciaio inox esterne si le ho fatte io

2) dove si acquistano i 'terminali' che sono alla fine delle barre dove presumo all'interno ci sia una sfera per fare ruotare i giunti? (come si chiamano?)

Si chiamano Giunti a snodo e li trovi in un buon ferramenta

3) Perchè la barra che parte dalla base posteriore del sedile (dove poi sono agganciate le due barre dei motori) è regolabile? Non credo ci sia lapossibilità di alzare o abbassare perchè dietro è collegata ai motori? sbaglio?

Non sbagli infatti adesso e fissa....all'inizio non sapevo la posizione precisa quindi era regolabile poi una volta visto la posizione giusta l'ho fissata con dei perni

4) che ferro hai usato? intendo la misure. Per rendere scorrevoli (telescopici) 30x30 accoppiato a 25x25?

Ho usato il 40x40 il 30x30 e il 25x25 e il motivo e quello che hai detto tu

5) dove si trovano i tappi di plastica che servono per chiudere i tubi?

Li trovi dove vendono i tubolari in ferro

6) il bottone di stacco motori dove si compra?

Lo trovi nei negozi che vende materiale elettrico e si chiama pulsante a fungo

Scusa se ti ho inviato una raffica di domande ma prima di inziare vorrei essere sicuro di riuscire a trovare tutto il necessario!!

Spero in una tuo risposta kevin ! ;D

Spero di esserti stato utile :hi:

Sorry if I have not translated into English but it was too big a post ;D
  8. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Added dashboard with galaxy s4 thanks to the new function of x-sim 3 ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  9. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ciao a tutti
    Devo vendere il mio sim (rivolto agli italiani perchè spedire un simulatore all'estero sarebbe impresa impossibile :)) solo se veramente interessati potete contattatemi a quest'indirizzo : kevinhilde@gmail.com
    • Like Like x 1
  10. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Good Luck in selling you sim , will have to be modded to run SimTools.
  11. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks ;)
    Yes, because simtools is not compatible with K8055 and sabertooth but for now this is known to all.Uso x-sim Stage 2 as he simtools is free and works great.:thumbs
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @-kevin- Are you making a point? We are Simtools here and if we dont have such dash support YET, then there is no need to rub in the fact the "other software" has a dash output via a tablet. :mad: the guys here are working on dash support.
    Also, the plugin for dirt3 in Simtools actually works , it doesnt work right in x-sim software.
    So what do you want? a proper running plug in? or a tablet dash support.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    then why advertise a sim here that doesnt use Simtools? Waste of time, obviously you like the x-sim 3 features, so go sell it on x-sim 3 site.
    If someone here buys it, they will have to modify and use a different board.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Is not free you need to pay to gain offline use x%@#4m
  15. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Dear David I 'm not doing anything at you that you're warming up for anything as I've always done ...... I 'm putting the upgrade of my project step by step and see that I have added to the project before there simtools ! ! ! ! I have no interest in x -sim or simtools this is clear .... because we do not gain anything .... ok ? !

This is a forum for simulators and homemade how many I put my project and shared so much information and help as many people to realize loro.Non I am interested in your war between x -sim and simtools and which one is BEST SERVICE .. . things are only yours ... I know it's wrong what you said you accuse me of advertising ... ( here we simtools ) is then? that you want to take off the project because it is not appropriate to the forum ? If the administrator of the forum and agree with what you say then you may as well delete it no problem !

Ps: David I have much respect for you but reacted in the wrong way against me, you misunderstood my intentions.

That said I do not divulge too much for me the discussion is closed !!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Hello you, and so to get the key you have to pay offline, however, you can run the same online and it's free.

I tell you now that I also have the free software is very much appreciate all that you do to grow simtools I know also that there is a lot of work behind so I think everyone appreciates your work! It was not my intention if I offended you by putting the video of OBD2 .. in fact I have another 3D also said that the next sim will be with my friend and simtools arduino.

Sincerely
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. GoRacing

GoRacing Member

Balance:
    96Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    Finally a italianooooo! Kevin Hello, my name is Ernesto, even if you've had so many compliments do not mind if you do them too :) I am for your mortgage, you did a great job, I've seen all the videos that you have and the movement is very realistic, I like tanto.Ho also read that you sell? I've already sold? Anyway, I'm interested! Where are you from? what you sell it? If you've already sold your help me build one? because we speak the same language? ;)

Let me know thanks :cheers
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  18. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,159 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    GoRacing, please post in English, we try to use only one language so as many people as possible can participate without the need to translate multiple posts. We have a translation tool and of course you can use Google Translate to copy and paste for translations.

Thank you
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. GoRacing

GoRacing Member

Balance:
    96Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    Excuse me, I edited in English.Thank you
    • Winner Winner x 1