1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Update TO Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Integral T500 RS

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by hyper1966, Mar 16, 2014.

1. hyper1966

hyper1966 Domenic

Balance:
    833Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Hi
    Is there anyone that knows anything about this wheel and pedals.
    I am thinking of updating from Gt 25 to This, it would complete my Ferrari simulator.
    The cheapest I have found is $750 from https://www.gamesmen.com.au/catalog/t500-rs-thrustmaster-ferrari-f1-integral-p-30172.html in Australia.
    Everything I have seen is positive on this wheel and pedals .

LOOK at this Mod that has been done to Wheel, but it cost around $1000 .

http://f1wheelmod.webs.com/

2. hyper1966

hyper1966 Domenic

Balance:
    833Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    This is link to video of wheel, as video above come Gt style Wheel
    I forgot to post in previous post.
  3. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,391Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Thrustmaster have come along way in design and feel , a nice add on for a race sim , for sure.
  4. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Test engineer - automobile industry
    Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino, JRK, SimforceGT
    I use this wheel t500rs. I also bought the f1 rim and the th8 shifter. Before i used a logitech g25.
    The t500rs is a really big improvement and i think it is way better. The g25 is ok.... But the ffb of the t500rs is approx. double as strong and because its belt driven it feels way smoother. I even like the t500 more than a fanatec csw (which i regular use at a friends sim - after some bad experience with his wheel he thinks the same).
    I used the f1 rim just about 2-3 times since one year. But only because i dont race open wheelers and if i'm going with a mclaren in ac for example (for me) it is not worth replacing the gt rim. The sli/button mod you see can be done by yourself if you have some time and patience. There is a tutorial on isr-forum of a clever guy who did it diy.

Cons on t500:
    In longer sessions you notice the ffb becomes less. There are guys who use a better fan to cool the Motor which seem to help a lot. One time my wheel hub gets loose which is a common prob. but can be solved with loctite and a screwdriver....
    I dont like the pedals as they you a pot for the brake. I use my diy load cell pedals. "bodin" did offer a mod for these pedles but is nver in stock. At least the t500 pedals are build like a tank compared to the g25 pedals.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Tapatalk
    • Informative Informative x 4
  5. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    The price you said is really high! I bought mine on amazons friday offer for about the half. Good condition used are available here for about 250€.

(sry cant edit prev post on tapatalk...)

6. hyper1966

hyper1966 Domenic

Balance:
    833Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Thank you
    I will save up to buy Wheel and Pedals, and keep my eye on eBay, see if I can pick up one second hand .
    You say you used the f1 rim only a few times ,I enjoy my rally games ,how would this wheel feel in that, as I don't have the money to buy two wheels.
    You say amazons friday offer you got it cheap ,how does that work? as I have never bought anything from Amazon.
    On Amazon works out to be around $600 instead of $750, I guess I would have to pay for postage as well.
    thanks Domenic
  7. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi, the price is really crazy in aus. At the Moment you can get a new one here for about 350€ incl shipping. Thats around 465 aus dollar. The New one (458tx) is even 50€ cheaper - but the pedals are made of plastic and totally crap! All add on wheels fit on both (t500 + tx).

Amazon here has sometimes limited Special prices for one day. Mostly on friday. But you need some luck that a product you want is on "sale"...

If you would be happier with one rim or the other is hard to say. I like the gt rim more. But as said i just use road or gt cars and with a steering angle at wheel of 900degree it is hard to use the f1 rim... Ans can hurt if you want to catch a slide and have the wheel to spin and catch it again in the correct Moment. You can get really crossed arms. On The other side ffb is even stronger with the f1 rim as the diameter is smaller and it got paddles which move with the rim! On The gt rim the paddles are static which i dont like. I removed them as i only use h-shifter or seq-shifter.

Thrustmaster offers a ferrari gt wheel too (add on for t500). This has moving paddles and is slightly smaller.

8. hyper1966

hyper1966 Domenic

Balance:
    833Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Hi yokoyoko
    Thanks for your help can you show me a couple of links were to buy from ,as I could not find any that cheap?
    I looked it up on amazon $547 which works out to be $606 aussie dollars ,I guess if I was to buy anywhere besides Australia then I would how trouble with electricity (Power requirements).
    Thanks every for all your help.
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jaycar electronics may have an adapter from 110 - 240v. I will have a look later, their site is offline ATM.
  10. hyper1966

hyper1966 Domenic

Balance:
    833Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    ok thanks
    I emailed Thrustmaster and this what they said .

MY message:
    Hi if I was to buy a Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel from Amazon in USA ,would I have warranty in Australia?
    IF I buy Thrustmaster T500RS from America would the power cord, be the only thing different to plug in Australia?
    If I am to buy second hand Thrustmaster T500RS is there any were to get it repaired in Australia ?

There Message Regarding your T500RS.
    We thank you for your interest in Thrustmaster products and for reaching us regarding your inquiry.
    The warranty for the unit is valid for as long as the unit is used in the case country where it is being purchased.
    The device, once taken to Australia, will no longer be covered by the warranty provided by us as a manufacturer. We do not have a technical service available in Australia.
    The power supply is universal. You will only have to change the type of cable linking the power adapter to the power outlet.
    We rest at your disposal for any other inquiries.
    Thrustmaster Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

I think I just buy one in Australia ,I just need to save now thanks Domenic

yokoyoko Member

Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. hyper1966

hyper1966 Domenic

Balance:
    833Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Thanks yokoyoko
    Thanks for your help , my wife let me buy one, with our savings , I got it yesterday, I now have to fit in my simulator .
    I bought here is Australia so I warranty , That link is impressive but I would stuff it up . thanks Domenic
  14. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    This wheel from the factory is a joke. THe fake buttons piss me off.
  15. hyper1966

hyper1966 Domenic

Balance:
    833Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Hi I like my wheel , my buttons all work ,just the Dials Knobs ,that don't, just there for looks.
    My Wheel become noising after a while ,when fans turn on ,that only negative I have found with my wheel.
    Thanks Domenic
  16. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the wheel looks great, as for noise, turn up the volume or wear headphones.
  17. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I agree that for that kind of money the wheel should have a rock solid feel and well made components. I cannot say that my Fanatec gear has been any better. My first Porsche wheel was returned with a bad controller but only after one of the motors smoked (probably related, no idea) the second one works well other than a mystery screw rattling around inside when I turn the wheel. I am waiting for the warranty to end so I can crack it open and find out where the screw came out of. The shifters were toys but I have been very impressed with the Elite pedals.

I was thinking of making the T500 my next purchase in the fall but from various reviews it does not sound like a solid buy :(
  18. hyper1966

hyper1966 Domenic

Balance:
    833Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    I happy with mine ,besides noise , haven't used much ,may be this weekend if keeps raining thanks domenic
  19. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    noise, turn up the volume or wear headphones
  20. hyper1966

hyper1966 Domenic

Balance:
    833Coins
    Ratings: