1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Official SimTools launch!

Discussion in 'News' started by RaceRay, Oct 24, 2013.

1. danalog

danalog Motion Sim Wannabee

WordPress Geek, Virtual Reality Nut
    Balance:
    468Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Hi @RaceRay, under the points you stated it could fall under a Creative Commons license, namely the "Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported" License (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0). This is an international license that comes really close to what you posted.

See this link for a human readable version: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/deed.en_US. There is a link on top of the page to the legal mumbojumbo (it's boring, difficult legal talk but you should read it and maybe talk it over with someone who knows this stuff, like a lawyer or jurist). Note that the en_US at the end of the link indicates that the page is in English, other languages are available.

I have no further experience in such licenses other then the GNU General Public License as I work with that license on a daily basis because WordPress is released under GPLv2 and as such all my work is also GPLv2.

Edit: Creative Commons has a wizard which can help you choose the right license here: http://creativecommons.org/choose/
  2. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
  3. danalog

danalog Motion Sim Wannabee

WordPress Geek, Virtual Reality Nut
    Balance:
    468Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    The wiki entry seams a bit unclear as it looks like they wrote that in regards to open source licences. Anyhow, take your time. You could mention the list you posted as a general "human readable" version of the license your are drafting up. You don't have to rush it, it's better to do it once right then many times wrong ;)

Just my 2ct, happy to help out.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 362442340

362442340 New Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Congratulations