1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Wanted: JRK 12v12

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by Nick Moxley, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hey guys just lookin to see if these ever get sold off for something bigger/better maybe, and saving a few $$ never hurts.

Lmk what you got.

Thanks

Nick

PS shipping to Canada eh. =)

Kinda new to all this, but Can these thing's wear out ? How old are your's and would this be just the chips themselves or the Fan/heatsink stuff with it ? (could easily source my own if needed) just curious is all
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They dont really wear out. Put a heatsink on the big chip and fam cool them. @eaorobbie has run a set for 4 years I think with no problems. I have run a pair for over 2 years no problem either.
    Prodigy didnt set them up right in PID and didnt listen to the people whom know about them.
    There is NOTHING that matches the performance and speed of the JRK in the 12v range, NOTHING. No ard, amc, kangaroo, simaxe code can match them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Worth every dollar they cost mate , Order direct from Pololu, very helpful if they have an issue, plus you can not tell what your getting until they are plugged in, just beware.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Alright thanks guys, Pololu It is.
  5. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    I have 2 ya can have ,na joking sorry they blew up , beware they dont like 40amps reversed through the main power in with a Usb connect please check carefully before firing them up. Lesson dont wire them in a rush, mistakes are a costly bugger.:sos:(
  6. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks earobbie, I planned to ask for a detailed "To do list" before i Flick the switch. lol
  7. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Im sorry too, been planing on doing a proper write up for Jrk use in SimTools, keep getting side tracked. Get there one day or another member will beat me, which is cool, I can help them make it better too.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    Now that's funny thing to say, because only people I've listened to were yokoyoko, robbie and you. That's why I've said when I got here, that I was sad with robbie's posts being deleted because they were helpful to me.

It was no PID problem, I did explained you some time ago on the PM that it was an frame design error and bad motors position.

I didn't say anything about JRKs being bad, I wanted to sell them and the motors because I don't have any more time to fiddle with that, they've been laying aside for months, I'm getting married later this year, too much busy with other stuff and I'm not sure when will I return to simulator building. That's why I'm considering selling these stuff.

But maybe I will give it the last shot. I'll try with new project, seat mover, plain start, no remakes or salvage of previous sim. Then I will ask you and robbie for help, hopefully that I will get it to work.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok @prodigy , I admit I over reacted. I know yokoyoko didnt want to listen to us and he really buggered things up. Robs posts and also mine got deleted mainly by a certain moderator on the other forum as they had difference interests into how that site was going.
    And yes you are right, it was a bad design, but nothing that was not able to me fixed. (i really must get my memory checked)
    Again apologies. Maybe one day you may get back into a hobby. Goodness knows I sold all my toys during early years of marriage as well.
    • Old Old x 1
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did the same thing ages ago as well....that will teach me to plug the power in the wrong way while the usbs were plugged in. That and I was very stoned. So now I plug power in , plug usb in, have a cone or two and then start racing. No more blow ups
  11. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Test engineer - automobile industry
    Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino, JRK, SimforceGT
    Perhaps I missed something - but what did I bugger up? Pfff....:popcorn
    • Old Old x 1
  12. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I split this thread in twain :) The rest of the thread is a discussion of the RoBoClaw so I made a new thread with those posts.
    • Like Like x 2